Hola

Batigol

Registered
Hi everyone...I'm going to be in B.A. for eight weeks (any maybe beyond) starting May 6, so I thought I'd set myself up on here. I'll be in Belgrano.

I'm coming to do the CELTA course (yeah yeah, I know...do the course and get out), and then at the moment I've got accomodation sorted for two weeks after that while I figure out what to do with myself.

I more or less spent the first half of my life in India and the second in Australia...I'm 30 now. I've been to Argentina twice before, most recently in January this year. Apart from B.A. I've done the generic Ruta 40 thing and been to Iguazu...next on the list is the north. I always love it, but I'm aware that living there is a different story.

It's possible that after my course ends and I'm still in the honeymoon period with B.A., that I'll have some questions about visa extensions/residency (gasp!) or even renting/buying property (double gasp!)...I've done a bit of lurking on those topics already. It's equally possible that I'll follow the money to Asia, or head back home.

But for now I just have three simpler questions:

a) Where in or around Belgrano would be a good place to watch the Champions League? As you can guess from my profile, I quite like football,

b) What's the best food delivery app, considering I'll be using a foreign card? PedidosYa? Also is there by any chance a HelloFresh type meal kit equivalent in Argentina?

c) Is anyone here interested in cricket??? I've done a bit of research and found a niche cricket scene in B.A., just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience of it.

That's all I can think of for now. Looking forward to being a wannabe porteño for a couple of months.

Welcome! If you find out any more about c) do post back here, won't you? If you've read Harry Thompson's Penguins Stopped Play then you'll know they do/did play cricket in Hurlingham just up the railway line in Provincia. I've not tracked any games down yet though I admit I haven't tried all that hard.

i use rappi with my US credit card and it works perfectly. i have had no success using a foreign credit card (or argentine card for that matter) with pedidos ya, i have raised numerous support requests with them and still they can't seem to fix the problem. i don't know why. with glovo i use my argentine card. honestly all three are about the same, but they can have different restaurants so i use all 3 depending on what i want.

i have seen no existence of a hellofresh type thing here. i doubt it exists but if you come across one i'd love to know more about it.

i use rappi with my US credit card and it works perfectly. i have had no success using a foreign credit card (or argentine card for that matter) with pedidos ya, i have raised numerous support requests with them and still they can't seem to fix the problem. i don't know why. with glovo i use my argentine card. honestly all three are about the same, but they can have different restaurants so i use all 3 depending on what i want.

i have seen no existence of a hellofresh type thing here. i doubt it exists but if you come across one i'd love to know more about it.
I use my US AMX with Pedidos Ya without a problem. It's Uber that I can't get to work here.

Welcome! If you find out any more about c) do post back here, won't you? If you've read Harry Thompson's Penguins Stopped Play then you'll know they do/did play cricket in Hurlingham just up the railway line in Provincia. I've not tracked any games down yet though I admit I haven't tried all that hard.

Nope, haven't read that, although the title rings a bell. I think I'm going to try and track down a game or some nets once my course finishes.

Well I have an Australian debit Mastercard, so hopefully that works on one of them!

I've used it successfully for Uber before, but as far as I'm aware UberEats isn't in Argentina.

Back