Holiday Back Home

Am in NYC taking in the cold and a city packed with tourists at airing at the lights and it really hits home how much it sucks to celebrate the Winter Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere.

Funny how the smallest things in life make us happy!!! I can always bring some for you johnw100 as I will be popping to the UK after leaving Lebanon and after popping to Italy to see family , we will only be arriving end of the year! So you wouldn't have them for Xmas but a few days wait wouldn't make a difference I suppose! Making your own?! Hmmm well give it a try!

Thanks for the offer Natbar, thats very kind ,but i`ll give my homemade ones a go. Anyway, I`m sure you`ll need all the luggage space you can get.

No problem at all! I know what it's like when you live away from home ! Really! If you want to, I can bring them!

Why do we always have to go through this familiar kind of stress in the same place?

Gringoboy`s story reminds me of the time I went back to the UK .We arrived at the border crossing, luggage full of new "toys",etc our shopping trip and the nice border control lady started sniffing around my teabags :-O. There was a shopping bag full of them , so not surprising really. When I explained they were teabags from England, her eyes lit up and she said Oh, I love English Tea. So I gave her few, and she wished us a nice day and we carried on.She didnt bother looking through the rest of our luggage.
Amazing what the chance of a decent cuppa can do to a person.

Where was that pr1970?
It would also be interesting to know how many other countries X ray baggage on entry.
As I recall, there was one solitary customs man on entry at Heathrow, who looked like he'd have preferred to be doing something else.

Really missing Twiglets this Christmas. I`ve got my nut collection and cadburys chocolate. But its just not the same without Twiglets. I`m thinking of making my own with some Marmite and some of the saladix sticks I found in the supermarket last week. What do you think?

10514699_10152924698924257_5274523484171522997_n.jpg
+
Marmite_500g_450_tcm28-293449.jpg

=
51wUqi0MvIL.SX363_SY500_CR,0,0,363,500_PIbundle-16,TopRight,0,0_SX363_SY500_CR,0,0,363,500_SH20_.jpg
I am sorry, but that Marmite stuff is on the No Fly List.

Where was that pr1970?
It would also be interesting to know how many other countries X ray baggage on entry.
As I recall, there was one solitary customs man on entry at Heathrow, who looked like he'd have preferred to be doing something else.

On the Paraguay/Argentine border. They only xray baggage from buses , everything else is checked manually by about 4-5 aduana people. That incident with the tea was a few years ago, now theyre more strict unfortunately. Although it depends on who you are and where your coming from.

Back