Holiday Money

1. ....stupid question Bigboxer, but how exactly do you send money to yourself and pick up within minutes? Also, at which WU outlet do you pick up $$$ from, as the one I went to on Santa Fe just around the corner from Fray Justo

I use scotibank online to transfer to myself (or others with proper id)...
After transfer is completed online the pickup code is emailed and you can then go to your preferred pickup location to retrieve the pesos. We use several locations around ave Santa fe and sScalbrini Ortiz...one inside a coto store.

Check w.u website for their pickup locations,I've never heard of a send only location!

Last edited:
The problem with bringing in cash only is one of security. If the cons find it out, you'll be in the news before you know it.
You don't carry all your cash on you. Only what you need for the day. I always bring cash, never had a problem. How would the cons know I have cash in my apartment?

I use scotibank online to transfer to myself (or others with proper id)...
After transfer is completed online the pickup code is emailed and you can then go to your preferred pickup location to retrieve the pesos. We use several locations around ave Santa fe and sScalbrini Ortiz...one inside a coto store.

Check w.u website for their pickup locations,I've never heard of a send only location!
gotcha! Many thanks.

gotcha! Many thanks.

UPDATE:
Just did the Western Union thing via our ScotiaBank account in Canada and after a few language hiccups, all was well. In processing the payment, my bank gave me a money transfer number ("MTCN") which the WU agent required along with a photocopy of my passport, after he had compared it to the original. We transferred $999.99 CAD (the maximum per transaction) and the fee was just over $18 CAD.

Back