Home Schooling Anyone

Old Goat

Registered
Hello I am looking at bringing my 9 year old son there until I can find a good private school. I am looking to return to BA or even uragay I am still on the fence thanks for any advice

Hi! We're a Canadian family living in BA for the year, home schooling our 9-year-old twin boys. Looking for other 8-12 year olds to get together once a week or so with for Art, Music or other.

Drop me a line if you are interested in hooking up.

There are a number of home schoolers who have posted here. I suggest you do a search for Home schooling. I'm sure you'll find several there that might not see your post. I don't see them all so I assume others may not as well.

Bad
What about the bad side of home schooling?
From experience, please.

Well, there are sometimes limited ideas to be exchanged when you only have one or two or three students... plus you never get a break! Hence the desire to hook up with other home schoolers and share the load a little. We co-home-school with another family twice a week: Her mom teaches Art to her daughter and my boys, and we teach health and phys ed to her daugher and my boys another day a week. The rest of the days, I'm on my own with my two kiddies, but it works well -- they are twins, and more or less at the same academic and developmental level. We're only home schooling for the year, so we keep in touch via Skype with friends back home; the kids do presentations and have conversations with school peers from their class in Canada.

What about the bad side of home schooling?
From experience, please.

Our family has just recently begun with our 5 year old last year. I think the bad side could be less of a social life for your child, as in less daily contact with other children. So we try to compensate by putting our child in swimming, dance, lessons of all kinds, etc. That way, our child still gets to be with other children of the same age on or at a near daily basis. Your child doesn't get the same social education a kid at a school would. That of course has its advantages and drawbacks. In the end, every kid is different, and homeschool might not always be the best option, depending on the amount of time the parents have available and the situation of the child. If you are interested, tons of people blog about their experience and I am sure you can glean some opinions through that means.

Back