Homeless peasant foam pad

wcbaytoven

Registered
I see the folk sleeping on the streets with thick foam pads that frankly look more comfortable than my own bed. Does anyone know where the homeless get these pads? I'd give my left ass to have a chunk of the stuff here for the house and for mailing fragile stuff, even a small hunk, I don't need a bed-sized piece. I've thought of slicing off a section of an unmanned homeless bed, but that seems rude.

Mention of a "foam district" is made in this post:
http://baexpats.org/newcomers-forum/9389-where-buy-foam-rubber-asian-futon.html

Can anyone hip me to the location of the foam district? Seems an unreal dream that there would be an entire district dedicated to the stuff.

Thanks.

I think they have those in Once in the fabric area. Start there. If you don't find it there I have other idea....

I passed by a futons shop yesterday, around Corrientes 5300 or so (Villa Crespo for sure and definitely Corrientes!), not sure if they sell futons, which are like real Japanese futons, but I am pretty sure they are more comfortable than foam pads! If you really want to get a foam pad you could go to a swimming pool and ask them where they buy those foam bolsters they give to people, who can't swim (maybe the factory where they buy them also produces foam pads...just a guess!) I wouldn't be surprised if there was really a foam district here, I passed by the mannequins district a couple of times (around Abasto, kind of close to the Pasteur subte stop), maybe that's the one they are talking about? Also: I am pretty sure that if you go around that area you will find what you are looking for! I had a real Japanese futon and that was a real bad!

there is a major foam and foam matress district on scalabrini ortiz around corrientes.

There is a foam store on Cordoba between Thames and Uriarte(or maybe it is Serrano and Thames). It is just next door to a place that sells amazing Antique doors.

It's on the side of Cordoba that is the Palermo Soho side, not the side with the bank and the car dealership.

Looks closed but sign says Abierto and "knock"

Thanks to all and sundry. I'll check out that side of town. I only need a square foot or so, of the stuff. I'd even settle for slicing out a section from the garbage. Was an old foam peasant bed rotting on the corner just the other day which I had every intent toward pilfering. But it was the day of the last big storm and the street ran knee deep for a while where I am and later, when I went out with the scissor, the thing was gone. Some bastid had got there first, probably.

Thanks again, I'll check the mentioned spots.

Back