Homeopathic doctor

All arguments aside.... I would also be interested in finding an alternative practitioner...ie herbalist, acupuncturist, etc., that speaks English. Not necessarily a doctor, but someone that has access/knowledge about alternative remedies. Anyone?

Its lunacy that homeopathy is practiced by actual doctors around the world. Surely their 6 years of education would teach them about Double-blind testing and they would look at the many research papers that exists on homeopathy.
I presumed people became doctors to help others, but i'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are just out to make a quick buck exploiting people and their archaic beliefs.

As a brit i just assumed that other countries were like the uk and that homeopathy was not practiced by actual doctors.
I find it terrible that the NHS wastes millions on sugar water. They really should have closed those places down years ago.

I'm all for alternative medicines but when something has been proven in every scientific test not to actually be effective in the treatment for anything then it should be treated as quackery.

That's exactly how homeopathy should be treated.

"United Kingdom
Homeopathy is not regulated by law in the UK, but the National Health Service (NHS) at present operates five homeopathic hospitals for British citizens. The Faculty of Homeopathy, whose membership consists of registered healthcare professionals, has over 1,400 members. The Society of Homeopaths, which is considered the largest group of non-medically qualified homeopaths, has over 1,500 members."

If this is true, can homeopathy be quackery? All sarcasm aside, the NHS is highly reputable with some of the highest standards in the world. I believe Queen Elizabeth and other members of the British royal family are believers in homeopathic medicine. My impression is that homeopathy has a poor image in the US where the medical profession is a powerful lobby favoring chemical treatments for almost all conditions whereas homeopathy is more accepted in the UK and some other countries, possibly Argentina included. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I am not suggesting that traditional medicine should be replaced by homeopathy however if traditional medicine is not working, maybe homeopathy could be beneficial. Doesn't homeopathy include the use of herbs and other natural treatments? Can't some non life threatening problems be treated by homeopathic measures rather than traditional drugs?

chris said:
If this is true, can homeopathy be quackery? All sarcasm aside, the NHS is highly reputable with some of the highest standards in the world. I believe Queen Elizabeth and other members of the British royal family are believers in homeopathic medicine. My impression is that homeopathy has a poor image in the US where the medical profession is a powerful lobby favoring chemical treatments for almost all conditions whereas homeopathy is more accepted in the UK and some other countries, possibly Argentina included. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Yes it can be quackery and it is. The NHS is wonderful but it is terrible that we waste money on homeopathy when we could use that money on actual medicine! There has been calls by the British Medical Association to stop wasting money on something that does no more than a placebo but costs a lot more.

All scientific double blind tests have shown that homeopathic medicine performs as well as placebo medicines.

chris said:
I am not suggesting that traditional medicine should be replaced by homeopathy however if traditional medicine is not working, maybe homeopathy could be beneficial. Doesn't homeopathy include the use of herbs and other natural treatments? Can't some non life threatening problems be treated by homeopathic measures rather than traditional drugs?

Homeopathy is not the same as giving someone herbs and other treatments.

Homeopathy is taking an element. usually something stupid like arsenic and diluting it millions and millions of times until you have nothing but water.

You then bottle this water and sell it to stupid people who have faith in this miracle water.

“The typical dilution is called ‘30C’: this means that the original substance has been diluted by 1 drop in 100, 30 times. On the Society of Homeopaths site, in their ‘What is homeopathy?’ section, they say that ‘30C contains less than 1 part per million of the original substance.’
“This is an understatement: a 30C homeopathic preparation is a dilution of 1 in 100^30, or rather 1 in 10^60, which means a 1 followed by 60 zeroes, or – let’s be absolutely clear – a dilution of 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
“To phrase that in the Society of Homeopaths’ terms, we should say: “30C contains less than one part per million million million million million million million million million million of the original substance.”
“At a homeopathic dilution of 100C, which they sell routinely, and which homeopaths claim is even more powerful than 30C, the treating substance is diluted by more than the total number of atoms in the universe. Homeopathy was invented before we knew what atoms were, or how many there are, or how big they are. It has not changed its belief system in light of this information.”
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/July07/Pages/nhs-homeopathy.aspx

Its shocking that because a few moronic politicians don't want to anger a very vocal group of idiots, who believe in this quackery, that the British tax payer wastes millions on selling water placebos.

Alternative practitioner who speaks perfect English and I have gotten great help from is Andrés Gosis. He does flower essencies and has knowledge and means about alternative remedies for the body and mind, including homoephathy. I would recommend to contact him with any issues you have with your body or mind. He also does hands on healing and much more. Contact through email: [email protected], or find him in FB. He works in Buenos Aires.

Back