Honest Real Estate Agent Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvergreenGal

Registered
Friends are looking to sell their home here in BA and I am trying to help them a bit...by looking for a good real estate agent.

Would appreciate any names and numbers and feedback on this person...

Thanks so much!!

The market atm is stronger that it has been for a very long time and the locals are buying up due to many factors. Saying that only well priced properties for location are selling and all the buyers are all Argentine.

pericles said:
The market atm is stronger that it has been for a very long time and the locals are buying up due to many factors. Saying that only well priced properties for location are selling and all the buyers are all Argentine.

Thanks for the overview.

Evergreen Gal,

You can´t find any more honest and hard working people especially in the real estate field than Sofia and Marcelo Guldris.
They are brother and sister, into their late 60´s, and you can ask ANY OTHER AGENT, since no decent person HAS ANY COMPLAINTS at all about them.
Everybody knows them here in Zona Norte.

They are so straight that they don´t even give you their cell phone number. Whenever they´re away, you dial their office phone and you will be transferred to their mobiles AT THEIR EXPENSE!!

Their numbers are:
4790-0504 and 4794-8012

The market is at a low till the election, but best you start moving now, for the "rush" after "E"-Day!!
Cheers, Joe

steveinbsas said:
Pericles is a REAL real estate agent. he works for Rmax and has great connections within that network...as well as outside of it.

I trust him. He sold my apartment recently (so much for the market being stagnant, bbw.) He also knows far more about the real estate laws that apply to foreign buyers and sellers than any Argentine real estate agent I ever met.

He gets my recomendation as well. It is not often I do business with someone and they remain a friend. I have no hesitation in recommending him.

One of the old time reliable in the zona norte is Hyland. on libertador. They have been there for over 30 years

pericles said:

I know of at least one non-Argentine buyer (me).

The escritura is next Monday.

As far as the market, it is definitely much better than pretty much anywhere else these days. I have just sold my house and it took me less than three months (it's a property in the $ 200,000 uSD range, which has never been too easy to sell); a friend of mine sold her Palermo apartment the first weekend she advertized it.

What is true is, a lot of buyers (Argentinians more than expats) stay away from properties listed by real estate agencies for several reasons: first and foremost, extra $ 4000 USD on a $ 100,000 property does not apeal to anyone, but if we speak about higher-end properties, the commission becomes a deal breaker. Second, the general dislike of agencies, more so the parasite real estate agents, who really do not create or contribute to anything and do not do much for the obscene amount of money they charge.

Lots and lots of transactions are completed by owners and the resourses for marketing your property are plentiful: duenovende.com.ar(soloduene.com.ar), enbuenosaires.com. zonaprop.com,ar, Clarin calssifieds, craigslist, etc.

I have sold three properties recently: 2 by myself and one with an agent. I honestly can say that what I paid to the agent (1.5%) I could have saved with a very small investment into a sign on the property.

My best purchase out of the four that I have been into, was also through an owner - and the fastest closing, on more flexible terms.

Most of my friends have followed my example and thanked me for the money they had saved. But, it is certainly a personal decision of everyone based on the level of comfort one has in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back