Hospital Aleman

First of all a friend got bed sores at this hospital. I consider that inexcusable. Patients have to be watched and moved to avoid bed sores. Second, she needed cancer treatment that the hospital could not provide. They had to take her in an ambulance to another hospital. The transfers in a stretcher and the ambulance ride were torture for her. She gave up after a few sessions and said "no more"! In my opinion it is much better to belong to a plan that gives you several good hospital options rather than being stuck with one with limited services. While I was visiting my friend I had a chance to see not only her room but to look around and see other rooms and floors. I found the hospital dingy and the rooms unattractive and far below what I know from IADT and Mater Dei. In addition to this friend another friend gave birth to a child in the Hospital Aleman and it went badly. Out of respect for their privacy I will not go into details. Maybe others have had good experiences but I was not impressed and just looking at the condition of the hospital turned me off. While I have never been, I know a doctor who teaches at the Austral Hospital. He says that the facilities are as good as any good hospital in the US. Friends who have been there say that it is impressive.

Doesn't sound too great but you're the only person who I've seen give a negative view of the Aleman. My experience of the consultations I had there as well as my overnight stay after my operation was completely the opposite. Granted it was a relatively minor 'straightforward' operation with little risk attached and one which has a quick recovery time so they'd really have to cock it up for it not to have anything but a positive outcome. However as one who had little experience of hospitals in the UK never mind in a foreign country I was kind of nervous beforehand but on the day my mind was soon put at ease by the surgeon and anesthetist who both chose to converse with me in English.
In the end I found the whole experience easily exceeded my expectations including the facilities as well as the attention from staff. Yes the private en-suite rooms aren't exactly up to Park Hyatt standard but mine was clean and comfortable with all mod cons and large enough for my wife to enjoy her overnight stay on the sofa bed beside me. Not quite sure what else you'd want from a hospital room? :confused:

Doesn't sound too great but you're the only person who I've seen give a negative view of the Aleman. My experience of the consultations I had there as well as my overnight stay after my operation was completely the opposite. Granted it was a relatively minor 'straightforward' operation with little risk attached and one which has a quick recovery time so they'd really have to cock it up for it not to have anything but a positive outcome. However as one who had little experience of hospitals in the UK never mind in a foreign country I was kind of nervous beforehand but on the day my mind was soon put at ease by the surgeon and anesthetist who both chose to converse with me in English.
In the end I found the whole experience easily exceeded my expectations including the facilities as well as the attention from staff. Yes the private en-suite rooms aren't exactly up to Park Hyatt standard but mine was clean and comfortable with all mod cons and large enough for my wife to enjoy her overnight stay on the sofa bed beside me. Not quite sure what else you'd want from a hospital room? :confused:

The most important thing of course is the quality of the care. I'm glad you were pleased I just wouldn't go there when I know there are much better private hospitals. If you have a relatively long or long recuperation the quality of the room and food does matter. You might surprised at how attractive and very comfortable the best clinics in BA are.

Back