Hot Sauce

Hey Nick,

These comments come as a bit of a surprise to us considering we don´t feel that either of us are disrespectful people but we would like to apologize nonetheless. If we ever offended you or your friends in any way it was not on purpose. There is no doubt we can get rather weird at times but we never intend any disrespect or wish to create any unfavorable perceptions with any of our behavior. We will private message you with a list of other hot sauce options around BA and ask for suggestions on ways we can improve our company.

Saludos,

Mark y Kevin

Hot sauce is a rather a vague term. Are you searching for fresh salsa, ala Mexican pico de gallo, or a Jamacian haberano-based condiment? Want something to make chicken wings with, or to spice up a Thai dish?

Unfortunately, all are getting difficult to obtain.

YaYa Guys,

Thank you for your level of concern and the apology. I've responded to your PM with details about what happened. It's become clear that my experience was an unusual one and I so I'm willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt and accept the apology. That being said, I'd love for this thread to move back to hot sauce!

Utopos..do you have suggestions for all three of those? My preferences are for actual hot sauces, as opposed to hot pepper sauces such as tabasco, so any suggestions would be great! I generally use aji picante or jalapeno for chicken wings or thai food, but I'm interested in the Jamaican haberano condiment you mentioned.

Apologies for a partial hijack of this thread, but does anyone know where I can buy curry powder, garam masala, or curry sauces for cooking?

pompeygazza said:
Apologies for a partial hijack of this thread, but does anyone know where I can buy curry powder, garam masala, or curry sauces for cooking?
Curry powder and garam masala are available at Casa China on Arribeños in Barrio Chino.

MiamiExpat said:
Curry Sauce: You can find Thai Curry sauces in vacuumed sealed bags in any of the markets in Barrio Chino, the red and green curry are the best.

I'll add Korea town (bajo flores) has vacuumed sealed Korean spicy sauces too. Its near a villa so keep your eyes open.

Salsa and hot sauce are entirely different things.

It would help a great deal if anyone who is using either of these terms to be specific about the desired country's condiments/seasonings.

NickBA said:
That being said, I'd love for this thread to move back to hot sauce!

If you truly wanted the post to be about hot sauce you would have said something like 'I tried their hot sauce, it isn't for me'.

Instead you chose to publicly insult people you apparently have never met. Sorry man, but in this case you are the one that comes off rude.

steveinbsas said:
Salsa and hot sauce are entirely different things.

It would help a great deal if anyone who is using either of these terms to be specific about the desired country's condiments/seasonings.

Hey Steveinbsas do you have advice for both?? Salsa = sauce in Spanish but I see how it can cause confusion. My intention is to find hot sauce/salsa picante...as opposed to what we would call salsa in English for nachos, etc.

Back