hotel suggestion for Montevideo

BankNote

Registered
Hi, making my first ever trip to MVD, will be staying overnight .

Looking for a decent 50 us$ hotel.

Any suggestions as per past experiences?

thanks.

i would not go to the downtown area, not exactly safe after sunset. Pocitos is cool. I stayed some 20 years ago at a nice hotel at the range you mentioned, which was located in front of a square (plaza) on the main avenue. I am sorry, but I cant help you with more specific details.

I think it might be difficult to find a hotel in that price range in Montevideo. I was last there in November, and prices on average were probably 20-30% higher than they are in Buenos Aires.

I've stayed at the Tryp Montevideo and the Holiday Inn (Plaza de Independencia). Both were great, but about $100 a night.

I think there's an Ibis hotel, which is fairly economical and located in a decent area of the city. It's close to US Embassy Montevideo.

Hotel Lon Angeles is the cheapest I know, very centraly located. But it is not a nice place! It is more or less clean, but that is all. Very old furniture, no luxury. There are also some hostels in the old town that look quite nice from outside, but I don´t know them. I most times book my hotels at destina.com. You can often find special offers there and they have many hotels in Montevideo.
good luck!

I'm curious about hotels in Montevideo, too, but first: Is it worth the trip from BsAs, i.e., what to do there???

TA

Back