Hourly wage for cleaner...

fifs2 said:
mini said:
I thought we were only talking about pesos/hr. But yes, I also give my cleaning lady transportation, lunch, plus two weeks holiday and an extra week pay at Christmas. And she brings me bread when she makes it. It's yummy! I could be bribed to give you some of it. ;)

I pay her $14 per hour, 4 hrs per day x twice a week plus she works extra hours in my studio when it needs to be re-organized, which sadly it is more often than it should be.

Since we´re playing the laundry list of benefits on the 14.50 rate + viaticos, we also pay aguinaldo (13th salary), 3 weeks holiday as she is with us 6 years, 2 week´s pay at Christmas, 1 week extra holiday pay, birthday and Chrsitmas presents and my brownies on a regular basis just to show her what a sticky brownie really should taste like. We call that the Nigella bonus and it is priceless:D
Whilst I know Perry you will feel this is too little at $2900 a month we feel this is a very very valid salary when there are admins working in our company earning less..and they have university degrees. We need to keep perspective and as long as there is respect and understanding ebtween employer and employee I think it´s win win.

Your comments directed to me are not correct and are completely out of context to what was trasmitted by my written words.

I pay 20 (pesos) not dollars per hour for a part time maid not for full time maid and I believe that is the market rate.

To be clearer my maid works three times a week for five hours a time . I also supply christmas and birthday bonus as well as lunch if the hours are above 4 hours.

Of course your pay is generous at 2900 pesos per month for the work she does for you Fifs.

It's interesting to read on a recent post about English teachers, someone mentions the institute rate of 25 pesos an hour....it seems that with perks, it can make more sense to earn money cleaning than teaching English.

I have to say, none of my Argentine friends are paying 20 pesos an hour. Most are paying between 12-15 (and some outside Cap Fed are less that 12).

I will say that I pay her 60, regardless of whether it actually takes her 4 hours to clean (it very rarely does - 1 girl, living alone = very little work). So she probably winds up making a bit more than 15 an hour.

I also pay her a holiday bonus (usually 2 weeks of salary) at the holidays.

Amazing that no one mentions retirement fund contributions.

They are mandatory for people working 12 hours a week or more (I believe it is 12, but it may have changed), and guarantees them access to free medical care and a pension upon retirement.

Sara

SaraSara said:

They are mandatory for people working 12 hours a week or more (I believe it is 12, but it may have changed)

If your cleaner is working 6 hours or more a week, you have to pay an impuesto to AFIP which is about 20 a month and goes towards their social security. I think there was a thread here about it before...

SaraSara said:

They are mandatory for people working 12 hours a week or more (I believe it is 12, but it may have changed), and guarantees them access to free medical care and a pension upon retirement.

Sara

Good point SS -Ive been paying the monthly aportes since the policy came into place. Its a very simple monthly form (F102) and for my lady $82 pesos per month for me to pay at the bank since shes over 16 hours´per week. If we expats really want to help the country paying such things is the ayto go rather than paying inflated hourly rates.

SaraSara said:
Amazing that no one mentions retirement fund contributions. ...

We hired ours en blanco, pay all contributions, aguinaldo, etc., etc. It's the right thing to do. Plus anyone not doing so may also be putting themselves at risk.

fifs2 said:
Good point SS -Ive been paying the monthly aportes since the policy came into place. Its a very simple monthly form (F102) and for my lady $82 pesos per month for me to pay at the bank since shes over 16 hours´per week. If we expats really want to help the country paying such things is the ayto go rather than paying inflated hourly rates.

You should update your 102's. The aportes recently went up to $95 from $81,75.

Back