Housekeeper pay

Jerry Nelson

Registered
I'm curious about the current wages for housekeepers in Argentina, specifically in Buenos Aires. How much are housekeepers typically paid?

We pay 5000 pesos an hour here in Neuquen, in case you were curious about the top end. It costs us an additional 4,300 pesos a month to put them en blanco through AFIP. This is important as it covers them for personal injury liability while in your home. You can also buy a separate insurance personal liability policy for around 30,000 a year if they prefer being en negro.

We pay 5000 pesos an hour here in Neuquen, in case you were curious about the top end. It costs us an additional 4,300 pesos a month to put them en blanco through AFIP. This is important as it covers them for personal injury liability while in your home. You can also buy a separate insurance personal liability policy for around 30,000 a year if they prefer being en negro.
That's interesting, does putting someone "en blanco" with AFIP have any implications for them? Like extra taxes, declarations, and so on? I believe we pay 4000 pesos per hour, twice a week, to the lady who comes to clean our extraordinarily messy house. I'm reading my house insurance policy from Allianz, and it's not clear to me whether our cleaning lady would be covered if anything happened to her.

That's interesting, does putting someone "en blanco" with AFIP have any implications for them? Like extra taxes, declarations, and so on? I believe we pay 4000 pesos per hour, twice a week, to the lady who comes to clean our extraordinarily messy house. I'm reading my house insurance policy from Allianz, and it's not clear to me whether our cleaning lady would be covered if anything happened to her.
Howdy Frank,

Yes, "en blanco" formalizes their employee status. You would factura them through AFIP as an employer expense and they in turn will need to declare their income through AFIP as an employee. You will pay a small employer payroll tax and they will pay a small employee payroll tax.

Pros: They get access to Obra Social (healthcare) for their domestic worker category. This can mean lower co-pays for health services.
They (and you too) get protected by Aseguradoras de Riesgos del Trabajo (ART) which is workers compensation insurance.
I believe they will also receive a contribution towards their future retirement fund.

Cons: If they are already on jubilacion their declared income may reduce their benefits.
If they are on any form of government assistance - such as a Beca (school scholarship), nutritional assistance, etc. it may affect their qualifications.

I would suggest calling your home insurance agent to see if they would be covered under any "slip and fall" clauses for household visitors. Some policies may have exclusions for domestic workers given the hazards of their duties.

depending on age, it my humble opinion to pay in blanco and go through the trouble. once a month deposits to the gov. social security is a big thing later in life. in colombia we pay in blanco. its a house of 4 with full time service. i am alone in ba and only use help every two weeks so i am in negro

$12000 for 3.5 hours cleaning including bus ticket (in Mendoza). I follow the government published wage updates and up them a little bit every once in a while. My cleaning lady seems happy

Mine gets 2500/hr. Apparently some of her “clients” pay her 1800.
She also gets an aguinaldo from us.

Back