Housekeeper pay

... I tried for 3 years on this site to find work for the woman who works for me with little or no success. Could it be that there ARE NO jobs for many....????
No wonder - you have priced her out of the market.

If she expects to get $7000/hr elsewhere, she's in for a reality check. Argentinians won't pay more than $4500/hr, at most. And many expats pay what their Argie friends pay.

Last edited:
Ours is a friend of ours from church who is a student, so we pay what we think is reasonable. She makes a decent rate to help pay for school, we get incredibly valuable help around the house, and everyone is happy.

No wonder - you have priced her out of the market.

If she expects to get $7000/hr elsewhere, she's in for a reality check. Argentinians won't pay more than $4500/hr, at most. And many expats pay what their Argie friends pay.
3 vs 5 an hour. i say lift them up and find extranjero clients. no i am not wealthy. but i believe in lifting people if you can

i used to have a sheetrock worker. if you know anything about the trade they can take 2 days or 1. when he did patchwork that could take 6 hours and he did it in 2, i paid the 6 hours. he had the secret to hot mud and his vacuum on reverse. they call it masa in spanish

Back