How can an Argentine national leave the country?

sergio

Registered
Just curious...If an Argentine national wanted to leave the country (to travel to US., Europe, Australia etc), how could that be accomplished?

...They go to Ezeiza airport and get on a plane.

Perhaps the question is where are Argentine nationals allowed to enter? Not many places unless they have the right visa. Most countries in the world still have closed or heavily restricted borders to all foreigners.

For Schengen-Zone Europe they need to have residency or be married to an EU citizen for example. For Non-Schengen zone countries like Croatia it is possible to enter but it’s a long way to go to vacation in Croatia only.

Just curious...If an Argentine national wanted to leave the country (to travel to US., Europe, Australia etc), how could that be accomplished?

Teleportation. Oh wait, that won't be invented for another century.

...They go to Ezeiza airport and get on a plane.

Perhaps the question is where are Argentine nationals allowed to enter? Not many places unless they have the right visa. Most countries in the world still have closed or heavily restricted borders to all foreigners.

For Schengen-Zone Europe they need to have residency or be married to an EU citizen for example. For Non-Schengen zone countries like Croatia it is possible to enter but it’s a long way to go to vacation in Croatia only.

You mean there are now scheduled flights? I didn't think they had started up.

There is a direct flight to JFK tomorrow with plenty of room.
If you have a valid excuse to go to Canada (an immediate relative, for example), after 2 weeks there you can go to Europe without issue.

My information dates back to the end of March, but at that time an Argentine national could not leave Argentina without first giving evidence of an established life in, our case, the USA (put established life in quotes as I do not know the exact reading of the law). In my wife's case (dual passport) an Ohio driver's license eventually sufficed but the conversation at the Ezeiza exit interview went on for a good five minutes - long enough for me to suspect she might not be permitted to fly. She probably entered Argentina on her Argentine passport. I've no idea how things might have changed by now but the situation may remain complicated. Worth checking.

They are “special” flights that operate on a regular schedule. For example weekly flights to CDG, AMS, FCO and MAD with various airlines. These flights will continue indefinitely but I heard requests for additional frequencies have all bedenied by the ARG government.

You can book directly with the airline and it is open to everyone providing you meet the entry requirements of your final and transit destinations. You book and you don’t meet said requirements, your loss and your problem not the airlines.

Remember, everyone is free and always has been free to leave regardless of nationality. The problem is finding available means of transport and entry requirements at your destination.

There is a direct flight to JFK tomorrow with plenty of room.
If you have a valid excuse to go to Canada (an immediate relative, for example), after 2 weeks there you can go to Europe without issue.
I thought EU were still banning Argentine (and most foreign) passport holders regardless of residency / point of origin unless they hold EU residency or special visa types?

dont know about the EU but I have a few Argentine friends that have flown to USA/mexico over the last few weeks with no issues though they aren't planning on returning for a while.

dont know about the EU but I have a few Argentine friends that have flown to USA/mexico over the last few weeks with no issues though they aren't planning on returning for a while.

Then there are flights on what airlines?

Back