How do I pay for expired tourist visa at the airport?

I've been to colonia so often that I'm on first name terms with all the stray dogs.

Pablo is the friendliest and Gomez is a bit grouchy sometimes.

esllou said:
I've been to colonia so often that I'm on first name terms with all the stray dogs.

Pablo is the friendliest and Gomez is a bit grouchy sometimes.

That's really funny!!! LOL!

ok well i went all prepared for trouble....got to the airport, went straight to the immigration office, no queue.....they gave me a form to take to the bank and pay 300 pesos, again all quick.

I went back to immigrations, they gave me a receipt and I had absolutely no problems. No questions asked, even at passport control. My bf is arg which may have helped. The guy didn't seem at all bothered, he said stay 1 day over or 1 year, it's all the same!!!!

Although, let's hope they let me back in!!!!

Where can I renew my visa in the city? I have about 10 days til it expires. I was told you can do it for 100 pesos.

arty said:
Where can I renew my visa in the city? I have about 10 days til it expires. I was told you can do it for 100 pesos.

Migraciones is located at Av. Antártida Argentina 1355.

The fee is now $300 pesos and you will ask for the prorrogas de permanencia.

If you don't go before you visa expires you won't get the extension and you will have to pay the $300 pesos fine when you leave.

Pick one.

Quick question here, sorry if it's been answered..could not find it. Is the 300 pesos fee a flat fee or computed over a certain period of time? I have been here 7 months and was supposed to stay 90 days. Also.. I am assuming the bank is in the airport? Thanks!

arty said:

think it's cheaper now to go over to colonia on the slow boat, have a bite to eat and sit on the beach, then head home. And you'll enjoy it all a lot more than spending hours in the line.
:)

Quick question here, sorry if it's been answered..could not find it. Is the 300 pesos fee a flat fee or computed over a certain period of time? I have been here 7 months and was supposed to stay 90 days. Also.. I am assuming the bank is in the airport? Thanks!

Flat fee...so , unless you are paranoid about being illegal or want to apply for some kind of residence status, no need for a special trip to the border.

As Jenny saith the Imigraciónes saith above:"stay 1 day over or 1 year, it's all the same!!!!:D

Seeking opinions on my situation --

- Tourist Visa expires Dec 25th, I'm on a Canadian passport

- Last document for applying for the DNI was just "legalized" at the Argentine Consul in Toronto, the documents will be forwarded to us here (via my mother's house) for submission to migraciones here, but won't be arriving until late January.

- On top of this my passport expires June 1, 2010 so need to renew my passport before we can submit for DNI (less than six months validity at that point).

So what do you think? Should I apply for an extension of my visa at migraciones (I have a copy of my Canadian marriage certificate so according to Arg consul in Canada they're not allowed to kick me out, and we've been back and forth with getting docs legalised for 7+ months, they rejected my first birth cert because it was too "old", then they had me pay an extra fee and get my police rec certified by DFAIT etc)

- Also, is this new "entry fee" in effect? Will I be charged for that? If so, what happens when you change your passport, do you have to keep your old passport to show a stamp (I'm assuming they do give some kind of recibo that you've paid the fee).

The way I see it I could just forget about renewing the visa, except that when I go to renew my passport at the embassy they may give me some looks of disapproval and strong words (come on, they're Canadians, they won't do much more, but we're pretty good at making each other feel guilty)

However if I have to pay this entry fee, and if the fee has something to do with the expiry date of your passport, I'd rather just get the new passport and then pay the multa at the airport and the fee the next time I enter the country.

Anyway any opinions would be great to hear, kind of down to crunch time. I could always go tomorrow or friday to renew my visa and then drop in my passport application right after.

To be precise, if you are dealing with migraciones you are applying for a temporary or permanent resident visa at this point, not the DNI. The important question to ask is if you are required to renew your visa transitoria while you are in the process of applying for your resident visa. You can call migraciones and ask. Then you will know if you need to renew. If they say no, then you can tell that to the official at the Canadian embassy.

I think that the entry fee will only be charged to tourists entering at EZE. Once you have residency I don't think they will charge you the entry fee, especially if it is permanent residency. I do know that once you have residency, you are supposed to use the mercosur line as you go through migraciones at EZE. Anyone in that line should be exempt from paying the fee (I hope).

Back