How do I pay for expired tourist visa at the airport?

Thanks Steve -- I think at the end of the day I'm just going to go to migraciones with the copy of the marriage cert I've got, explain that the docs are still in Canada and get a renewal, and then go to the embassy and get the new passport. It may or may not be necessary, but I'd rather just have a fresh renewal stamp in my passport when I submit everything to migraciones for the whole residency thing.

Which brings up another question though, do any of the Canadians on here remember whether or not you have to surrender your old passport when you get a new one?

syngirl said:
I think at the end of the day I'm just going to go to migraciones with the copy of the marriage cert I've got, explain that the docs are still in Canada and get a renewal, and then go to the embassy and get the new passport. It may or may not be necessary, but I'd rather just have a fresh renewal stamp in my passport when I submit everything to migraciones for the whole residency thing.

I just wanted to add that if you have already submitted your docs to migraciones and then your 90 day visa expires, there is no problem, but I wouldn't suggest that anyone violate the regs just before applying for a resident visa.

One big problem amongst the many is the requirement of almost all countries, including those of South America, not to admit peole who have less than 6 months on their passport (a pain for us Canadians whose passports only last 5 years).

Go to the Canadian embassy now and try to get an expedited new passport, or you may be in a real pickle. The expired tourist visa will not bother them.

I renwed my passport a year ago in BA, and had to surrender and travel back to Mendoza without my old passport.

Back