How do you get to EZE? (Remis, taxi, bus...)

EMR said:
... Things are only expensive in the absence of value and sometimes people make the mistake of being penny-wise and dollar foolish.
Right on target - e.g. the most expensive shoes you can buy here cost AR$ 80, the cheapest around 400; a month resp. a year + more comfortable.

I just called two companies and they both had fixed prices regardless of my location.

Premium (5238-0000) was ~AR$80
Ciudad (4923-7007) was ~AR$75

I got an English-speaking rep on the phone fairly easily (if you don't feel confident with your Castellano). The Premium rep seemed ready to make my reservation straight off, but the Ciudad rep told me to wait 30 minutes prior to when I want to leave and then call them.

I personally might just take a taxi to Manuel Tienda Leon's bus station. My taxi from Congreso will probably be AR$10, and MTL's website says their EZE bus is $40 so this is slightly more hassle but cheaper. Pros/cons to everything.

And obviously, if you hate your life, yes you could take the colectivo.

Reactions: dsc
gnome chomsky (or anyone else who has used MTL), how was the $40 bus? Was it a hassle, or good experience, or what? I'm picking up a friend from Ezeiza in a couple weeks so just trying to figure out a plan of action, and so far this is looking like the best option since it's not 2 hours on the colectivo but not as expensive as a remise or taxi.

any other advice is obv. welcome.

A friend that lives in Palermo (and is a member of this forum) mentioned to me that Manual Tienda Leon do pick up where you live -- it's only 5 pesos more. So 45 pesos to EZE.

lrngrg -- Manual Tienda Leon works well, but paying 2 tickets really doesn't save much more money than taking a taxi on the way back.

Back