How far will $1500 a month go in the interior

Hi Fiscal,

The better question may be: For a single mother and two year old kid who are living with the greater family group? That being her mother and father's house with every adult kicking in something toward expenses.

ANSWER >>> Ridiculously far! Two the point that she will have plenty left over to entertain herself at the expense of doing things for the child's future. (I don't think this woman is thinking too far into the future ... just for today and as far as the next week.)
If the $1,500 is in cash and exchanged on the Dollar Blue market (125 pesos to 1dolar)that would be 185,000 pesos or so, nery different that the 75 peso to dollar from a transfer, 112,000.

"Ridiculously far" was based upon the legal exchange rate.

FOOLISHLY FAR >>> would be the answer at the Dollar Blue!

If you are wealthy why wouldn't you want your children to enjoy that very same lifestyle? This is what I find almost obscene. Parents had an option, children didn't. Not only parents destroy their world but now think they should be contempt with whatever you hand out, because you are too greedy to give tgen access to the very same things that you have.
Because giving kids the lifestyle you earned by working can introduce bad habits lol... Surely you have dealt with rich spoilt kids before. A kid does not need the latest iPhone etc to be ok.

Because giving kids the lifestyle you earned by working can introduce bad habits lol... Surely you have dealt with rich spoilt kids before. A kid does not need the latest iPhone etc to be ok.
Somewhere in BA,

You make a great point. And I agree with it. But, to be fair to Nikad, I don't believe she had this in mind when she commented. She was focused on two parents splitting up and the child going with the mother who is struggling financially while the man went off on his merry way, properly capitalized, ignoring the needs of his child / children and the mother.

NIKAD has a valid point as well ... And to some degree, I agree with it.

My disagreement comes with going beyond what the mother and child / children need and elevating their station in life to a ridiculous level beyond what would be considered quite good by most people's standards. It does not seem right to make her a millionaire when she can do wildly well with a lot less from her wealthier ex.

31 March 2018
10 questions on obtaining a divorce on good terms and without surprises
...."Separating is much more than coping with the end of a relationship, of a shared life, with its own logic and its own division of duties and assets," say family lawyers Sofía Harari and Leticia Kabusacki, authors of the book Everything You Need To Know About Divorce (Editorial Paidós), a "guide to marry well and separate better" that answers questions from the most trivial to the most complex. And it warns about the fine print that may be when breaking the marital bond. "Each case is different. Although there is not a list of the fine print for everyone, we find over time some situations that tend to be repeated, so we decided to write a book," say the experts consulted. It also places special emphasis on the changes that the new Civil Code, approved in 2015, introduced in relation to divorces and separations....
The 10 questions and answers...

Not talking about spoiling children at all. In any case, children don't need cellphones.

Not talking about spoiling children at all. In any case, children don't need cellphones.
Actually, after a certain age (Maturity arrives differently for everyone!) younger people do need cell phones.

I view cell phones as a necessity, not a luxury. The ability to communicate from virtually anywhere, at anytime is an invaluable tool to keep your family and loved ones safe. And to be in the know, when they are distressed and need help.

Sure there is a lot of non sense that goes along with cell usage, but I'll accept that as part of the greater whole.

Actually, after a certain age (Maturity arrives differently for everyone!) younger people do need cell phones.

I view cell phones as a necessity, not a luxury. The ability to communicate from virtually anywhere, at anytime is an invaluable tool to keep your family and loved ones safe. And to be in the know, when they are distressed and need help.

Sure there is a lot of non sense that goes along with cell usage, but I'll accept that as part of the greater whole.
I'd like to go a step further with this cell phone thing if I may???

BUT - It is really not related to the original title of this thread. "How far will $1500 a month go in the interior."

Someone, please start a thread about cell phones!!!

Very sad situation, with Google handy, all those Sunday lunch endless family discussions about politics , history, etc are Over you grab the Cell and voila you are correct or wrong?

Google can even answer future questions..?

Back