How is it possible Argentina only has 2100 covid cases?

I think Argentina did some things well, such as the early strict quarantine and social distancing. However, I don't think the BCG vaccination has much to do with it. For example, France and South Korea both have mandatory BCG vaccination and they both have high infection rate. For South Korea, it was a systematic approach that helped contained it quick - social distancing, massive testing to identify the locations of the clusters, proper quarantine, and their culture of wearing masks and citizen cooperation. As for testing, I don't think the CV strain would have mutated that quickly as to make the WHO approved testing procedures obsolete. Many countries have used it with success, otherwise they wouldn't be using them.

Also, like many other countries, Argentina did not (and still not) do much testing for whatever reason, likely because of budget. And like many other countries, I'm sure they under-report. Can't report what you don't test. Same goes with the number of reported CV19 deaths. If you don't test the dead, then how do you know? Best way is to visit a few hospitals and see if they're in crisis or not. News are not reporting hospital overloads like NYC or dead bodies waiting to be picked up roadside in Ecuador, so I'm sure Argentina is still pretty safe.
Half a million tests arrives in less than 2 weeks. An airplane of AA left today Argentina to China to pick them up.

Ah yes the good old times, i for one surely trust the government blindly here, Argentinos a vencer!oh and don't forget, estamos ganando!
Also let's not miss the opportunity to criticize Trump , how ever, if you mention that this whole fiasco started in china and their lack of care about humanity, then of course , you are racist
Trump had early warnings in January and he didn’t read it because he only reads memos.
Trump dismissed the anti pandemic team Obama created.
And the list of political mistakes of Trump are endless.
To start a fight with China when they are the only available supplier of all what he needs is stupid.
He showed no reason to believe him, AF seems relieable. He was taking all the correct decisions.

I'm trapped in Peru which has incredibly strict quarantine rules. For one week men and women could not be outside on the same day. Yet they have over six thousand cases.
Hi Fiscal , when you say “trapped“ in Peru what do you mean? Are you in Lima or somewhere in Peru ?Cuzco,Arequipa ? Are you a tourist or do you live in Peru ? What nationality are you? Have you contacted your embassy , consulate ? I left Peru on the 27th of March on an Austrian airline flight to Vienna and arrived in Greece ( Greek national) on the 30th of March . Are there still tourists stranded in Peru?

l also have some questions about this pandemic .
I was stranded in Peru for 10 days.
On Sunday March the 15th the president of Peru announced that from Tuesday March the 17th the whole country goes under complete lock down ( on March the 15 th there were 71 cases of the virus in Peru) yesterday April the 15th Peru had 1172 new cases and 11475 cases in total.
If you look at the numbers between Norway and Denmark ( two countries in Scandinavia and very close ) which had the first case at the same time you will see that the number of total cases are almost similar
6798 total cases in Norway on 14/04/2020 and 6681 total cases in Denmark on 15/04/2020 , but if you look at how many cases have recovered , you will see that there are 32 cases in Norway and 2748 cases in Denmark. How is it possible that the recovery cases are 90 times more in Denmark than Norway?
Also between Switzerland and the Netherlands , 2 countries with also almost similar number of cases , you will see that the recovered cases in Switzerland are 15400 cases and in the Netherlands only 250?
Also if you look at the recovered cases in Germany and Austria you will see that more than half of the total cases have recovered and in other countries which had the finest casse at the same time you will see that only 1% have recovered so far!

Trump had early warnings in January and he didn’t read it because he only reads memos.
I don't think he even reads demos. He has his team read them for him and then break them down into details that an infant could understand. I am mocking him of course, but there are reports that his advisors and staff sometimes need to make things very simple for him to understand. It's crazy if those reports are true.

Having said that, everyone ignored the early warning signs from China in January.

l also have some questions about this pandemic .
I was stranded in Peru for 10 days.
On Sunday March the 15th the president of Peru announced that from Tuesday March the 17th the whole country goes under complete lock down ( on March the 15 th there were 71 cases of the virus in Peru) yesterday April the 15th Peru had 1172 new cases and 11475 cases in total.
If you look at the numbers between Norway and Denmark ( two countries in Scandinavia and very close ) which had the first case at the same time you will see that the number of total cases are almost similar
6798 total cases in Norway on 14/04/2020 and 6681 total cases in Denmark on 15/04/2020 , but if you look at how many cases have recovered , you will see that there are 32 cases in Norway and 2748 cases in Denmark. How is it possible that the recovery cases are 90 times more in Denmark than Norway?
Also between Switzerland and the Netherlands , 2 countries with also almost similar number of cases , you will see that the recovered cases in Switzerland are 15400 cases and in the Netherlands only 250?
Also if you look at the recovered cases in Germany and Austria you will see that more than half of the total cases have recovered and in other countries which had the finest casse at the same time you will see that only 1% have recovered so far!
It depends on the local protocols to consider a patient recovered. In Argentina takes 20/1 days. Add 15 days if you are with a ventilator more o less.
Perhaps is too soon to have a bigger number of recovered.

Back