How is renting a flat now e.g for nine months

booms

Registered
I remember a couple of years back that renting involved so many requirements e.g. for guarantors that it was basically impossible for foreigners to comply. It was possible to navigate but only worth it if staying for the long term.

I've heard there's been some liberalisation. But what does that mean on the ground? If I wanted a place for nine months would that be practically possible?

Hi.
I was trying to rent a flat a few months ago and firstly I thought to rent for a long term (2 years). But when I discovered that the requirements are terrible I started to look for short time options and found out that it's possible to rent on good conditions. I rented a flat a few months ago and requirements were:
- show that I have money or earning to be able to make monthly payment
- 1 month payment as a fee of an agent
- 1 month deposit
- and payment in advance (1 month)

upd: I rented a flat for 6 month, but there were options for longer period

I just had to pay 12 months in advance on a two year contract with an option for a 3rd year. It's a struggle out there and everyone is like "cant you just ask someone to put their financial security on the line for you("me")". In the end we found a beautiful apartment by the river in Tigre, parrilla big rooms/balcony and a pool on the roof so happy days. Took us two months of wading through bullshit and jokers so good luck!

9 months is a very short lease. Leases down here are 1-3 years. They also include fun language like "tenant is responsible for repainting the entire place with owner's choice of contractor & paint brand". You sure you want to go that route for only 9 months?

You can offer additional cash down in lieu of a Garantia for some landlords, but indeed a lot of agents only want a Garantia so you'll have to broaden your search

You can offer additional cash down in lieu of a Garantia for some landlords, but indeed a lot of agents only want a Garantia so you'll have to broaden your search
Where are the best places to look for rentals like this? ML seems to be mainly agents and i don't want to waste time...

There are two FB groups, "Buenos Aires - Real Estate" and "Buenos Aires Classifieds & Real Estate", administered or moderated by people I know. Offers are generally from agents. You could also just go with Airbnb and save yourself all the hassle, avoiding muling in money, and pay monthly with your credit card.

Zonaprop had offers from owners.

Hi.
I was trying to rent a flat a few months ago and firstly I thought to rent for a long term (2 years). But when I discovered that the requirements are terrible I started to look for short time options and found out that it's possible to rent on good conditions. I rented a flat a few months ago and requirements were:
- show that I have money or earning to be able to make monthly payment
- 1 month payment as a fee of an agent
- 1 month deposit
- and payment in advance (1 month)

upd: I rented a flat for 6 month, but there were options for longer period
Man, that's crazy. I'm in CDMX now, renting a flat - super flexible and mature. Met landlady directly off Facebook. Paid a larger deposit as we're foreigners. That's about it. Would be nice if it was cheaper but can't have everything.

We spent a lot of time in BA and the rest of Argentina but renting sounds as thick with paperwork and dumb requierments as ever - guess what I read about liberalisation isn't real yet. Laissez-faire economics haven't arrived yet.

Man, that's crazy. I'm in CDMX now, renting a flat - super flexible and mature. Met landlady directly off Facebook. Paid a larger deposit as we're foreigners. That's about it. Would be nice if it was cheaper but can't have everything.

We spent a lot of time in BA and the rest of Argentina but renting sounds as thick with paperwork and dumb requierments as ever - guess what I read about liberalisation isn't real yet. Laissez-faire economics haven't arrived yet.
I think it has less do with economics than it has to do with squatter rights and the length of time to present an eviction case to a judge. There are multiple homes where I live where owners have literally sealed off every window and door with brick walls to avoid squatters.

I think it has less do with economics than it has to do with squatter rights and the length of time to present an eviction case to a judge. There are multiple homes where I live where owners have literally sealed off every window and door with brick walls to avoid squatters.
About the squatters. As I understand some recent changes in the law allow to owners to add a point into the rend agreement so that restrict such possibility. In my case (rent contract for 6 month) we have such point in the agreement. And if I will not pay they have rules to kick me out legally. The problem is not all the owners know that or believe it.

Back