Need help with renting

Canada

Registered
Okay so I need some help me and my girlfriend are looking for a place to rent she is Argentinian and I am Canadian and we are having difficulty with the requirements that the places ask for I have a decent amount of moving saved up so we will mostly be using my savings so I got the money no problem and I'm currently looking for remote work but who knows if that will go anywhere and she also has a job but it doesnt pay too much anyways we have been looking for places on zonaprop or argenprop however she says the requirements are very difficult for her/us because I am foreigner and she is a young woman who doesn't have much finances and things of that nature like some of the places ask for a acquaintance with a property title in their name? Or something about surety insurance, a guarantor stuff like this like we are young adults I have no clue can people please help me with trying to rent a place kinda long term like a year or so as a foreigner with his girlfriend thank you

One strike against you is tough....looking for remote work. Two strikes...the rental issue. I would find either one a deal-buster. Sorry to think so negatively but added the third element to the equation of your life....the uncertainties of the Argentine economy and I would be scared to try and build a life here with limited resources. This is not a user-friendly place.

One strike against you is tough....looking for remote work. Two strikes...the rental issue. I would find either one a deal-buster. Sorry to think so negatively but added the third element to the equation of your life....the uncertainties of the Argentine economy and I would be scared to try and build a life here with limited resources. This is not a user-friendly place.
Yes I know me not having a job is a downside for looking for a place however I do have the funds and about being scared about to build a life in Argentina well I don't know if I'm going to be living there the rest my life or anything this is short term for now a year or so back and forth from Canada, me and my girlfriend are young chances are we would live in Canada eventually but for now, Argentina is what we want

Last edited:
Yes I know me not having a job is a downside for looking for a place however I do have the funds and about being scared about to build a life in Argentina well I don't know if I'm going to be living there the rest my life or anything this is short term for now a year or so back and forth from Canada, me and my girlfriend are young chances are we would live in Canada eventually but for now, Argentina is what we want
I understand the passion and the energy may very well propel you to the success you aim for. It is nice that you have each other.

Hi there,
Welcome to the forum.
Are you in Argentina at the moment? If not then it would be best to get an AirBnb for a short while so you can sort yourself out. It will make this whole process a lot easier. This way you can take your time in looking for a place and not get fleeced. If you dont have cash for that then maybe explore staying with family for a bit?

I am currently in Canada but hoping to go back to Arg in feb or march so I'm trying to find a place

Hi there,
Welcome to the forum.
Are you in Argentina at the moment? If not then it would be best to get an AirBnb for a short while so you can sort yourself out. It will make this whole process a lot easier. This way you can take your time in
I am currently back in Canada but hoping to go back to Arg in feb or march so I'm trying to find a place

I am currently back in Canada but hoping to go back to Arg in feb or march so I'm trying to find a place
I have a friend in a similar situation... is your gf by chance a recently graduated nurse?

A one or two year contract in pesos very unlikely for your circumstances . As someone suggested your best bet is a Airbnb for one month, to look in BA for a more permanent place. Your best chances then are for a temporary 3 month contract in dollars. Starting at US$500 per month all inclusive.

Back