How is the Argentinian economy not even in worse shape?

Reading this thread I am unsure whether Argentines are thriving or struggling. I gues all the conversation above is ignoring the millions who live in villa conditions or worse, or does it include them too?

Can someone explain how and why the fuck this guy is the person in charge of health? He looks like the fattest most unhealthy guy going around. No wonder he is paranoid of corona - it would probably kill him.
ggg-964411.jpg

I gues all the conversation above is ignoring the millions who live in villa conditions or worse, or does it include them too?
Many of those millions live on "planes" distributed by the government - no need to work every day. They have free power, courtesy of bill-paying suckers like myself - check your electric bill. Drive by a villa and you'll see thousands of TV parabolic antennas.

Can someone explain how and why the fuck this guy is the person in charge of health? He looks like the fattest most unhealthy guy going around. No wonder he is paranoid of corona - it would probably kill him.
When he took sick last week he checked into one of the poshest private hospitals in Buenos Aires. No public hospital for his Highness....!

.....Naw, they adopted the attitude that it was my obligation and their right — but I am still glad they can buy food to eat.)
And re-enforced by the fact that it is the law.

ggg-964411.jpg

The answer in part is...Clientelismo....
Investigative reporters on Jorge Lanata's political TV program, PPT BOX, shown on Canal 13 last night gave a detailed account why he and his business cronies in several joint private enterprises are currently under investigation.....
Re-play of program : "Partners of Ginés, Are Also Health Officials"...with no health credentials to justify their appointments in the Ministry of Health.

Last edited:
ggg-964411.jpg

hahaha, i had the same thought the other day

When he took sick last week he checked into one of the poshest private hospitals in Buenos Aires. No public hospital for his Highness....!

A government health minister who uses private hospitals and an economic minister who saves in dollars. Sounds like these government officials have lot of skin in the game.

Every member of congress and senior members of the executive branch should be forced to pesify their savings and be barred from buying dollars!

It's called "BEING PRACTICAL!" And just about anyone can do it, no matter where they are from. Trouble is, in some parts of the world, the businesses are always on the psychological attack with their advertising campaigns that chip away at a person by beating a drum with the message ... "YOU NEED THIS or YOU WANT THIS."

Most multi generational US Citizens are well trained to buy, to shop and to have or replace. They can't help themselves because they have been trained to act this way since the day they were born. Advertising and peer pressure are the major sources.

Now there is a difference between being cheap and being frugal. Not going into that now. BUT - For the most part, if a person shops wisely, with attention to the future, they can get what they need, or want and get a long use out of whatever it is that they bought. Also, with respect to recreational items, people have no attention span for what they have and want something more to stay engaged / entertained. All this consumerism comes at the cost of financial freedom.

A person with a good salary, who is disciplined can be well on the path to a great retirement, or even many years earlier retirement ... by simply conquering their urges. And if retirement isn't the goal, they can be living life on their own terms with financial independence very early in life. Still youthful with decades to live and enjoy in front of them.

Sadly ... SHOPPING IS ENTERTAINMENT in The US. Most people do not know how to enjoy the simple things, such as a meal with family of a day out in nice weather. (There are million other things to mention depending upon your interests.) Most Americans don't cook from scratch ... no wonder they have health problems and credit card debt ...

Just a few thoughts on you post ...

For me, I'll take the simple life, the basics to operate a household, a few great possessions that I will always be interested in ... then a ban k account flush with money = That is code for FREEDOM. You only have as much freedom as you have money.

NECESSITY is The Mother of INVENTION - So I would say that ... FINANCIAL NEEDS are the FATHER of FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY???

A government health minister who uses private hospitals and an economic minister who saves in dollars. Sounds like these government officials have lot of skin in the game.

Every member of congress and senior members of the executive branch should be forced to pesify their savings and be barred from buying dollars!
A bit of a contradiction ... huh?

Back