How is this area in bsas?

BROOKLYN

Registered
looking to book at garden house hostel 1271 san juan. is this a safe area?? are the hostels in bsas generally safe?? do they have a safety deposit box in rooms??

Shitty neigborhood close to Constitución. I avoid it during daylight and I'm a native from BsAs, do not dress like a tourist or speak gringo. My job involves weekly visits nearby and I walk fast and stop for no one.

Wouldn't count much on safety deposit boxes or bringing any valuables there. Couldn't think of a worse place to lodge unless you want to get even closer to the train station.

Iznogud said:
Shitty neigborhood close to Constitución. I avoid it during daylight and I'm a native from BsAs, do not dress like a tourist or speak gringo. My job involves weekly visits nearby and I walk fast and stop for no one.

Wouldn't count much on safety deposit boxes or bringing any valuables there. Couldn't think of a worse place to lodge unless you want to get even closer to the train station.

Thanks! I kind of figured that! lol..how about 747 chacabuco? so any hostel or hotels near constitucion is a no no... do you know of any good inexpensive hostels?

i used to work nights at a hostel at humberto primo and piedras. 2006ish even if stuff was locked up and tied down it would be nicked inside, outside we had a guy shot in the leg, and multiple muggings..

BROOKLYN said:
Thanks! I kind of figured that! lol..how about 747 chacabuco? so any hostel or hotels near constitucion is a no no... do you know of any good inexpensive hostels?

Decent, close to Puerta roja to get drunk

fuccolini said:
i used to work nights at a hostel at humberto primo and piedras. 2006ish even if stuff was locked up and tied down it would be nicked inside, outside we had a guy shot in the leg, and multiple muggings..
i just need a hostel with a security box... or something I can stash my loot!and valuables when im away.. lol

BROOKLYN said:

BA soho rooms. great location and very very safe. on the top floor they have 3 private rooms and en suite bathrooms and on the bottom floor they have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (the 3 bedrooms share the 2 bathrooms). i believe the rooms with the shared bathrooms are around $30/night and the upstairs rooms with private bathroom around $70. the building is beautiful, very clean, very safe and the owners are the best. also, they will negotiate price with you.

El chabon said:
Guessing you can always go to Retiro busstation and get a safety lock there
ha! I will take my chances ..on just leaving it in my suitcase at the hostel...

Back