How is this area in bsas?

i rent a safe box at my bank. depending on size you can get something for 500p for 3 months or so, 2000p for a year. not all banks have boxes available however, high demand to stash dollars lately. if you do the hostel safe box option give it a good scrutinizing, as hostels are generally not remotely safe... retiro for a locker is a good short term solution, and you can go any time of day or night, unlike the bank which is 08.00 - 13.00 only, and you need to have an account already open.

:eek:
fuccolini said:
i rent a safe box at my bank. depending on size you can get something for 500p for 3 months or so, 2000p for a year. not all banks have boxes available however, high demand to stash dollars lately. if you do the hostel safe box option give it a good scrutinizing, as hostels are generally not remotely safe... retiro for a locker is a good short term solution, and you can go any time of day or night, unlike the bank which is 08.00 - 13.00 only, and you need to have an account already open.
im looking at a hostel in belgrano section now, It looks like a nice clean respectable hostel....so I hope!:eek:

Belgrano is an entirely different world -- it depends on what ambience you prefer. I live in San Telmo and love it, so I'd encourage you not to be scared off the neighborhood. Belgrano can take you an hour to get to el centro, unless the hostel is right near Cabildo and the subte. I agree with the others that your original choice on San Juan is not a good one (it isn't San Telmo; it is Constitución). But there are some budget hotels in San Telmo that may be in your price range. Try the Babel on Balcarce or the Gurda on Defensa (across from Parque Lezama). They are both very nice, in very good locations.

There are some hostels on Av. de Mayo, I stayed at one called the Garden Hostel when they were doing major plumbing and gas work in my apartment for a week. It was clean and in good shape, but NOISY. So if you don't mind noise day and night, it's not an issue. When I was looking for a place to stay that week I went to see the Garden Hostel you mention in your posting, they were very friendly and the place seemed hip but the neighborhood was not pretty at all. Again it's all a matter of your perception of course. I had a neighbor when I lived in Villa Urquiza that wanted to move away so badly because he felt unsafe. He moved to a very prime neighborhood in Palermo, the corner of Tagle and Las Heras across the street from Hospital Rivadavia. He was mugged the first day he lived there. Can happen anywhere any time, unfortunately.

It's not so bad, I live about 3 blocks from that hostel on San Juan, the area is improving a lot and it's on the ok side of the autopista. The other side towards constitucion station is def dodgy. If the price is right, I'd say go for it.

Ok found a place that has a safety deposit box at the reception room.. got a good deal at embassy apart hotel on avenida cordoba.. any comments before I book this hotel..

I don´t know the hotel personally but having googled it the reports on tripadvisor are not encouraging.If you decide on it make sure they understand that your booking is for Cordoba 680 because they seem to put people in another location if theirs is full.Again,no personal experience. If you are already here Iwould go there first.

That brings back memories, embassy suites was the first place I stayed when I got here 6 years ago. Elevator was so slow coming we would have to walk down 5 flights of stairs, woman on reception was always a b-----tch, bed was so saggy I could hardly stand up straight. But for the price, location was good and it had a kitchenette plus breakfast.

Hopefully things have changed since 6 years ago!:eek:.. nice price and location is great! its either this or america studios apart.. found all this at budgetplaces.com

Back