How long before Cristina kicks Alberto aside?

The Empress now live on TV , explaining she's a victim of Lawfare ..! Political persecution...
She's just getting started. And she hasn’t even moved into the presidential palace yet.
We've better get used to it. There are 4 more years to come. That’s depressing.

Last edited:
My guess is the opposite - that Fernandez systematically consolidates support, and ends up sidelining Cristina.

My guess/hope is that he rules technocratically and that employment and wealth recover some during his reign.

My guess is the opposite - that Fernandez systematically consolidates support, and ends up sidelining Cristina.

My guess/hope is that he rules technocratically and that employment and wealth recover some during his reign.

From your mouth to God's ear.....!!!!!!

Argentina is now pretty much entirely blocked out of the international credit markets, there's just no bond-backed deficit spending, and a default is coming - we don't know the scope or scale, but it will be big. Fernandez and Cristina have the mandate and the trust of important segments of the economy on the labor side. Fernandez especially is/was proponent of a more laissez faire version of Cristina-style state capitalism.

In this context, there's at least some reason to believe/hope that Fernandez could move Argentina into default, do a Uruguay-style rescheduling over a very long term, devalue the peso, and extract the concessions necessary from the various domestic labor/activist players (their allies) to ensure that the budget stayed even without causing civil strife or greatly affecting living standards. This could lead, broadly, to a pretty soft transition and a produce an upward growth arc, with positive effects on both inflation and domestic consumption. I still think that probably the worst/most economically destructive actions we're likely to see out of the new government is the imposition of steep export tariffs on things like beef, grain, dairy products, etc. with an aim to keeping domestic prices down. (But with longer term negative results.)

I really don't think she needs to. If she has much control as people say/suspect, she can pull the strings behind the scenes without taking the brunt of the blame if it all goes wrong and people turn against the government. It's win-win for her as far as I see it. All the power wthl none of the responsibility or consequences.

True, she'll have the power, but not the title - she won't be center stage. She craves the limelight, needs to be kowtowed to by everyone here, and acknowledged by heads of state. Second place is not for someone so needy of status.

I predict he will have some mysterious "accident" or illness.
First, she'll secure Presidential pardons for herself, her son, and her daughter. Once Alberto issues them, he will come down with a "mystery illness", or suddenly discover a pressing need to devote more time to his family, and voila!...... the Presidential chair is once again hers.

The dark horse is Axel Kiciloff and I see many signs that they are grooming here for power in the future . For those who fear the left he is much more to the extreme than Alberto Fernandez.

The dark horse is Axel Kiciloff and I see many signs that they are grooming here for power in the future . For those who fear the left he is much more to the extreme than Alberto Fernandez.

What are the signs that they are grooming him for power in the future besides him being governor of BA? Who is they...Cristina and Maximo?

Back