Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 500-800 pesos

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 800-1200 pesos

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • more than 1200

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
Paying over $1,000AR a month in expenses right now, but in 4 months should go back down to around $600. We have 16 units, and cable is included.

Ramos Mejia - 7 floor building, 2-3 apartments per floor. Our place is 1bd, 1bth room + lounge/kitchen and patio. There is a garage but we don't pay a % for it as we don't have a car or access to it. We have one security guard 6 nights a week only. Expensas are $250 a month. The administration are desperately trying to put them up. But in order to cut costs a different way, they cut the hours of the security guard from 12 hs to 7hs a day, and the cleaner from 12hs to 4 hs a day.
I must admit I could never work out what on earth she cleaned for 12 hours 6 days a week??

i know this is a general poll, and i thank whoever did it. but its difficult to get a handle on things when apts vary from studios to quite large. ie 20 sq mtrs to 2000 sq mtrs or whatever. plus main factors in expensas are, size of building/number of apts, doorman or no doorman, 24/7 or some other time schedule, location/services. am not sure how to correlate or get a better picture, perhaps someone else has an idea. what i guess i wonder is, how much have your expensas changed each year in a percentage 2006 2007 2008 2009 etc that might be the give the answer im looking for. have my expensas increased out of line with other peoples increases.

one of the other questions i have. i have a portero six days a week who has basically nothing to do most of the day. then we pay a bunch more for a portero on sunday who does nothing and is not needed. where do we go or how does a tenant find out if these people are necessary by law and how can we get rid of what i consider a useless expense? my portero doesn t live in, but comes and disappears most all day. i read how someone else has a portero for a couple hours a couple times a week. that would be just what my small building needs instead of this huge overhead of dead wood.

Neill7,105263,
DavidGlen4,354839,
Syngirl5,185185,
Nikad6,363636

So far only 4 have a response. Get more :)

I have heard, they belong to a very militant union the portero's. So to dismiss one takes some work.... It's a job for life for most..!! :(

12 floors, one unit per floor, no doorman, no security, live-in portero, two elevators, "losa radiante" heating (makes my life a living hell!) 130 sq. meters in Palermo. We pay around 700-775 each month. Thank God I rent out my parking space for 500 pesos!

Don't you guys get a monthly balance of your expenses? I do, and I did before too when I lived in another building. It's pretty useful, it has all the details, how much our portero makes (2000 pesos), how much was spent fixing this and that, with full details down to "had to remove tiles around the sink pipe to fix a broken blah blah blah".

Anyway I pay around 110 pesos, it's a 2 ambientes apartment in barrio norte (arenales y azcuenaga) with 2 not too old elevators, no parking lot. The building is in good shape, the doorman takes out the garbage and I guess he does cleaning but I almost never see him. The good thing is there are 62 apartments in this building (10 floors!) that's why my expensas are even below 100 pesos sometimes.

I really can't believe some people are spending more than 700 pesos in expensas, it's just insane unless you have a super luxury building with talking elevators and stuff, honestly to think that all that money is for 1 doorman's salary and cleaning and fixing bits and bobs here and there is crazy, cause you still have to pay for ALL your other utilities like electricity, water, gas, internet, etc.

nativexpat said:
12 floors, one unit per floor, no doorman, no security, live-in portero, two elevators, "losa radiante" heating (makes my life a living hell!) 130 sq. meters in Palermo. We pay around 700-775 each month. Thank God I rent out my parking space for 500 pesos!

I thought losa radiante was a really good thing to have, I really enjoyed it when I had it

Back