• 500-800 pesos

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 800-1200 pesos

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • more than 1200

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
diego7david said:
where do we go or how does a tenant find out if these people are necessary by law and how can we get rid of what i consider a useless expense? my portero doesn t live in, but comes and disappears most all day. i read how someone else has a portero for a couple hours a couple times a week. that would be just what my small building needs instead of this huge overhead of dead wood.

Good luck with that. It seems that it's practically impossible.

Expenses also include works that had to be done on the building. Do they include taxes too?

Losa radiante is awesome, however extremely expensive to fix if it breaks. And if you have to fix the caldera many times they charge you in $dollars for the replacement parts.

205 m2 in Palermo, Soho side of Santa Fe, near the Bótanico, in a 60-year-old building with 17 units.

We're currently paying $1053 per month because of extra part-time staff we have to employ to maintain the boiler during heating season. Except when we have maintenance projects underway, expensas from spring to fall run $600 - 800 / month.

If we can get a few more neighbors to agree to to shut down the boiler by next autumn, monthly expensas for this apartment should drop to about $700. I'm working on a proposal to swing the votes of a couple older hold-outs who don't like any changes in the building. Their reluctance has kept us from achieving the unanimous consent required to change the Reglamento, which states that central heating is provided during certain hours of certain months when the ambient temperature drops below a certain level.

Palermo, 56m2, 5 apartments in the building, no lift, includes weekly clean and communal electricity. AR$ 25 month

Bariloche, 41m2, 20 apartments in building, 1 lift, daily clean - no services included AR$ 120

jez said:
Palermo, 56m2, 5 apartments in the building, no lift, includes weekly clean and communal electricity. AR$ 25 month . . . .
Might there be a typographical error in this figure, "jez"? Just twenty-five pesos a month?

RWS said:
Might there be a typographical error in this figure, "jez"? Just twenty-five pesos a month?
Might be a PH...

Our bill came in yesterday - $2800 for this month, this is normal, some months it has been double.

We live in a 3 bedroom, duplex in Las Canitas. WIth security 24/7, porteros, Pool, Gym, Parrilla, Party room & 2 parking spaces.

RWS said:

No typo it's twenty five pesos per month. The woman downstairs cleans the building once a week and doesn't pay expensas, no lift, so just the communal lighting. we have no administration.......

I owe 708 in back expenses. 150 of that is an extraordinary expense.

Ive have serious concerns about the building, such as 1. water tank not cleaned in at least 3 years 2. no fumigation at all in at least 3 years. 3. in Nov. 08 the consejo of the consorcio could not explain about 5000 pesos in missing funds.

so i wrote our new administrator the month he took over explaining point by point. He didnt answer my certified letter and when I called him, he said he didnt have to talk with me outside of an assemblea.

So my feud with my 5 neighbors now included the new administrator. I continue to not pay my expenses.

I owe 708 pesos, 600 only for regular expenses. Or 180 dollars.

I received an email today from a lawyer who says he represents the admin. Says if i dont call him, he will sell my apt...............yes, that right to collect a debt of 180 dollars.

Id pay in a second if the SOB would just answer my letter, address my reasonable concerns. Would a condo board steal money and not answer business letters from an owner back where you guys come from? They are frustrating to deal with, the portenos, so arrogant that theyd prefer to jump off a cliff that turn around and go a different way.

Back