How much do your building porters earn?

sergio said:
David, you are right about ´supers´having a good deal in New York. As you say, they also get fantastic tips. New York, of course, is a special case in the US. Condo and co-op fees are also high in New York - but keep in mind that New Yorkers earn very high salaries compared to Portenos. People who can pay a minimum USD $500,000 for a small Manhattan apartment can handle the condo fees. Let´s not forget, though, that a LOT of New Yorkers live in amazingly CHEAP rent-controlled apartments. Anyway, back to BA, it´s a lot tougher here where professional salaries are so low. Today a lawyer friend told me of a friend of his who is 40 years old and works for a TOP BA law firm. He holds an important position and earns $4,000 PESOS a month. This is the reality here and I don´t know where it is going to end. The latest populist attempt by the K people to require expensive indemnizations for firing part time domestic employees will help to eliminate one of the remaining advantages of the middle / upper middle class.

Doormen in the US should be paid as much as lawyers.

(Perhaps lawyers should be paid as much as doormen.)

That's would level the playing field, wouldn't it?

steveinbsas said:
Doormen in the US should be paid as much as lawyers.

(Perhaps lawyers should be paid as much as doormen.)

That's would level the playing field, wouldn't it?

I´d rather see American lawyers earn the salaries of doormen than vice-versa.

Because doorman incur 100.000 USD (or more) in lawschool loans?!

Back