How much for a bag of laundry?

Celia

Registered
My local lavanderia has put up their prices. They say it is now 10 pesos a bag, but they always charge me 15 (10 must be for a tiny bag of about 6 items!)

How much does a supermarket size bag of laundry cost at your lavanderia?

On Monday for the first time I went down to a nearby lavanderia to ask about their price. I was told 10 pesos whatever was the weight. Later on the same day when I appeared with two sets of bed lining and some minor stuff I was charged 15 pesos.
When I told the person that she had quoted a price of 10 pesos one hour earlier, she told me it is because of the bed stuff. In the end I ended up paying 15 pesos. :)

Pretty much all the ones around here charge 15 or 16 pesos a load. Just b/c you might have a really small load doesn't mean they're going to charge you less. It still uses the same amount of time & energy as a full load.

I “try” not to think what was washed in the washing machine just before my load.
Dog blankets, cloth dippers, chones that were already turned inside out and front to back a few times....
Sorry... Your “lavaderia” experience will never be the same again.

Hola,

I think 15 pesos per bag is normal.

We have a washing machine in our apartment, but with the difficult drying the laundry and the effort, it is just must easier to drop it off.

Our place in Palermo Viejo charges 16 pesos per bag, 2 pesos more for bleach.

When I first got to Buenos Aires (March of 2007), the closest one to the place I was living Suipacha & Santa Fe) charged AR$20/milk crate. Then there was a blackout due to rain on exactly half of the block- up to and including, but not past this location- and for two days I didn't have clean laundry. But I did learn that one block over they charged AR$14 and guaranteed same day.

When I left my neighborhood near Facu de Medicina/Once 3 months ago (but roughly 3 1/2 years after first arriving), the place I was going to charged AR$10/ milk crate because my previous place had gone up to AR$12 or AR$13.

Your neighborhood will definitely determine your laundry cost. The $15 when the quote was AR$10 sounds like a runaround. And AR$15 because they're bed sheets also sounds like a scam. But if they are the only option, they are the only option. But I doubt it would take long to find another 2 or 3 options 1 block further.

Back