How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

There is nothing here in the private sector for $350 if you are 65 and do not have a DNI.
Not sure what you mean. Lunar said that costs would be around U$S 350 for those 65+. Having or not having a DNI was not mentioned. Is that a factor? And what do you mean "there is nothing here in the private sector..."?

A DNI wasn't strictly necessary to obtain private health coverage with my insurancer. However, as part of the paperwork they made me sign a document committing to inform them once I did have a DNI.

Not sure what you mean. Lunar said that costs would be around U$S 350 for those 65+. Having or not having a DNI was not mentioned. Is that a factor? And what do you mean "there is nothing here in the private sector..."?
The Hospital Italiano healthcare plan is not available unless you have a DNI. With the recent 40% increase I will be paying about $180US per month at age 71. My guess is that premium would be much more if I signed up for the coverage today.

I’ll be paying $220USD a month for 2 adults and a child at hospital Alemán after the 40% increase.
We’re both either side of 40 and my child is less than 10 years old.

I have been paying zero dollars per month for "health insurance" for more than ten years and I opted out of Medicare part B (which will be $174 USD per month in 2024) eight and a half years ago. I wil never return to the USA for any reason, including health care.

Public health care where I live is easily accessable, and, in fact is far more so than when I had Medicus coverage here. I pay out of pocket for the exams (laboratorio, hearing, and electrocardiogram) I need annually to renew my driving permit because I can make the turnos using whatsapp and not wait more than 10 minutes for my turno when the time comes...and the costs are very low (less than $20 USD for the lab tests and less than $10 USD for the electrocardiogram and about $6 USD for the hearing test).

I stopped worring about dying from cancer (though we all get a little cancer every day) after I learned that "sugar" feeds cancer cells and I eliminated all sources of sugar/fructose, including bread, cookies, crackers, candy, rice, and fruit from my diet.four abd a half years ago when I was stil in my sixties. Alcohol has not touched my lips in almost ten years,

PS: I also lost every trace of noticable belly fat and man boobs in the process and maintain a BMI of 21.

PS 2: The only "fruits" I consume are ripe (black) olives and lemos grown from a tree I planted more than ten years ago.

My diet abnd lifestyle are my health insurance.

🤠

Last edited:
PS 3: I can also go to the clinic 1 km from my house and, as a walk in without a turno, have my blood pressure and glucosa checked without chagre any afternoon Tuesday through Friday...but I never go more than once every two months....and the results have always been good.

I have been paying zero dollars per month for "health insurance" for more than ten years and I opted out of Medicare part B (which will be $174 USD per month in 2024) eight and a half years ago. I wil never return to the USA for any reason, including health care.

Public health care where I live is easily accessable, and, in fact is far more so than when I had Medicus coverage here. I pay out of pocket for the exams (laboratorio, hearing, and electrocardiogram) I need annually to renew my driving permit because I can make the turnos using whatsapp and not wait more than 10 minutes for my turno when the time comes...and the costs are very low (less than $20 USD for the lab tests and less than $10 USD for the electrocardiogram and about $6 USD for the hearing test).

I stopped worring about dying from cancer (though we all get a little cancer every day) after I learned that "sugar" feeds cancer cells and I eliminated all sources of sugar/fructose, including bread, cookies, crackers, candy, rice, and fruit from my diet.four abd a half years ago when I was stil in my sixties. Alcohol has not touched my lips in almost ten years,

PS: I also lost every trace of noticable belly fat and man boobs in the process and maintain a BMI of 21.

PS 2: The only "fruits" I consume are ripe (black) olives and lemos grown from a tree I planted more than ten years ago.

My diet abnd lifestyle are my health insurance.

🤠
Lifestyle changes have a huge impact in overall health and wellbeing, kudos to you!

You MIGHT get insurance if 65 or older from OSDE without a DNI....if they don't hang up on you. Be prepared to spend 500$ to $700 per month (or more!) So let's see if a person proves me wrong. (please prove me wrong) And whatever experiences someone has had before are off the menu as the whole legal structure of health care insurance just changed. In other words....for those who are anticipating coming to Argentina and are factoring in cost of health coverage as part of the mix....careful! (did I mention rents?...that is for another day)

You MIGHT get insurance if 65 or older from OSDE without a DNI....if they don't hang up on you. Be prepared to spend 500$ to $700 per month (or more!) So let's see if a person proves me wrong. (please prove me wrong) And whatever experiences someone has had before are off the menu as the whole legal structure of health care insurance just changed. In other words....for those who are anticipating coming to Argentina and are factoring in cost of health coverage as part of the mix....careful! (did I mention rents?...that is for another day)
This truly is something that those who are planning to move to Argentina to live and are willing to and/or think they need to pay for private health insurance should be aware of, as well as what to expect regarding rentals.

Hopefully some of these aging expat wannabes will be able to do what I have done and skip the private insurance, which is what I have done for the past ten years as well as not pay rent, something which I have not done for the past seventen years, all whille my monthly income never exceeded $1000 USD,,,but I kinda doubt it.

Back