How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

I've been closely monitoring my insurance rates, and there has been a consistent increase every month for over a year now. . Although I've managed to maintain my coverage, several of my friends have had to cancel theirs due to these escalating costs, and this was happening even before Milei. I'm unsure about what future rate hikes might be in store. I haven't received any communication from OSDE this month. This is quite surprising because they usually send monthly notices about rate adjustments and increases.
Same here, we also have OSDE and it’s been increasing by about 10% a month for over a year. The silence from them after the election is ominous.

What's the range roughly speaking?
I would say that if you are reasonably healthy, it used to cost around 50 USD per month for people in their thirties and up to 350 USD for people in their eighties. With the recent increase, you should multiply these numbers by 1.4.

I would say that if you are reasonably healthy, it used to cost around 50 USD per month for people in their thirties and up to 350 USD for people in their eighties. With the recent increase, you should multiply these numbers by 1.4.
That would make health insurance for older US citizens living in Argentina quite expensive given the fact that they have it provided by Medicare in the US.

That would make health insurance for older US citizens living in Argentina quite expensive given the fact that they have it provided by Medicare in the US.
There is nothing here in the private sector for $350 if you are 65 and do not have a DNI.

Last edited:
Back