How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

I joined MEDICUS in late December and paid 140K pesos for the month. I have just checked on their system to pay for the next one and it came out a whopping 323K, which is a 122% increase. Is that correct? At that rate in a couple of months it will be more expensive than in the United States. I hope there is an error in their system...
I'm beginning to smell what the market will bear.

Do you need residency/DNI to sign up for health insurance? Is there any plan available for tourist visas/overstayers?

Do you need residency/DNI to sign up for health insurance? Is there any plan available for tourist visas/overstayers?
some require DNI, some don't. My experience is that Swiss Medical and MEDICUS don't require, while OSDE does. I am sure there other prepagos out there that don't require DNI.
I ended up signing up with MEDICUS.

I joined MEDICUS in late December and paid 140K pesos for the month. I have just checked on their system to pay for the next one and it came out a whopping 323K, which is a 122% increase. Is that correct? At that rate in a couple of months it will be more expensive than in the United States. I hope there is an error in their system...
An update on this: I contacted MEDICUS and they acknowledged that there is an error, as the increase over what I paid last month should be in the 30% range, not 120%.

An update on this: I contacted MEDICUS and they acknowledged that there is an error, as the increase over what I paid last month should be in the 30% range, not 120%.
We'll be at about 210,000 Pesos for February with OSDE plan 210, though there are two of us.

some require DNI, some don't. My experience is that Swiss Medical and MEDICUS don't require, while OSDE does. I am sure there other prepagos out there that don't require DNI.
I ended up signing up with MEDICUS.
Hospital Italiano requires a DNI.

Great news ;)my plan Hominis announced a 17% increase for March 2024...and were just paying Feb.!

Thanks to everyone for their advice regarding medical insurance. Sorry for the late response; we are dealing with Migracion and I do not even have words in English to describe that mindless dystopia. If we don't get it sorted out, medical insurance won't be an issue.

I'm about your father's age. Getting insurance two years ago wasn't easy due to my age, but we were able to get Swiss Medical through our daughter as family members. There aren't many options for new accounts once you hit 65 as far as I know.

I dropped Medicare before leaving the U.S., which saved some money. Good thing, because my current Swiss Medical bill (for wife and myself) was $590k. We have the highest tier, but dropping down wouldn't save much, especially as I have several serious health issues.

Prices and exchange rates change, but our dollar cost has actually been fairly stable in the 2 years since we've been back, about $460/mo.

Hope this helps you.
We know someone who I can only describe as a health insurance broker. Friend of friend. I'm thinking that if dad cuts Medicare B in the USA and his private policy, he'll have about $360/mo. as an offset to whatever we can find here. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Back