How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

My latest Hosp. Italiano bill is $244,000p. Starting to get into WTF territory now.

Email from Swiss Medical this morning --- next month the cost will increase 16.9%. This, with the falling exchange rate as of today (WU), puts my effective dollar cost at well over $800. It had been averaging $500 or a bit less for the past 2 years. Ouch!

My heart meds are now more than $100 U.S./mo AFTER my top-tier SM discount, nearly double what I paid in the past.

I’m paying 280,000 Ars/month for me the wife and 1 child for top level hospital aleman pre paga.

They didn’t mention any more increased but sure there will be.

I received my "monthly" email today from Hospital Italiano indicating another premium increase. My April bill will include a 15% increase. Firmly in WTF territory now. This is beginning to remind me of a dog who has always been on a leash, and what happens if the leash breaks. No telling where he will stop or if he will.

I received my "monthly" email today from Hospital Italiano indicating another premium increase. My April bill will include a 15% increase. Firmly in WTF territory now. This is beginning to remind me of a dog who has always been on a leash, and what happens if the leash breaks. No telling where he will stop or if he will.
The “dog” is going to stop when someone starts to poach customers with better rates. Very fluid and chaotic situation; it could take a while for “mr market” to step in here.

Medicus 15% increase. Services and wait times are not getting any better.

Back