How reliable is DHL for receiving paperwork and bank cards?

Royal Mail takes forever because they use Correos Argentinos for the Argentine leg and if there‘s a hint of needing to pay any duty it won’t arrive.
My mum sent me an xmas card once with Royal Mail and it made it to me house here in February. Crazy thing was it arrived in Argentina two days after being sent 😂

I have no problems getting documents or credit cards from the US with tracking numbers by DHL or UPS. I would assume that the same applies to Federal Express.

My mum sent me an xmas card once with Royal Mail and it made it to me house here in February. Crazy thing was it arrived in Argentina two days after being sent 😂

My Mam did the same despite me telling her it wouldn’t get here

My Mam did the same despite me telling her it wouldn’t get here
Hello, please can I ask of you had to sign for it? I'm trying to find out the best way to send s letter UK to Argentina? Royal mail has said for signed 7-10 days?! But the net is full of people saying don't bother lol

Tia :)

Guaranteed way that they will get here on time is to DHL them. It's expensive but it will get here within whatever time DHL quote you.
I recently sent my apostilled driving license here from UK, it cost nearly £40 but got here in 2 days.

Royal Mail will tell you that signed for will get here in 7-10 days but once it gets into the hands of Correo Argentino it's anyone's guess when or if it will arrive.

Regarding signing for it, someone has to sign for it if you have a portero or seguridad in the building they can receive it.
You can follow the delivery online and stay in the day they say they will be delivering the letter if you are concerned about that part.

Last edited:
If DHL refuses to send the bank cards, put them inside a letter, go to another branch, and say you're mailing documents. You can also mail them to the DHL service center closest to your house and pick up yourself, which saves you a few days if you have a lazy delivery guy who lies about attempting delivery, it happens sometimes. I've spent a small fortune on DHL over the years but if you need something to get there, DHL is the best.

September 2023 Credit Card sent via DHL from Orange County, CA to Buenos Aires delivered to home after 3 days, without problem. Value US$100.

Last edited:
If you don't have a DNI and are not registered with AFIP, I don't think you will be able to receive any package with a declared value > 0.

You will be notified, and receive a "Volante Electronico de Pago" or VEP, to pay in your home-banking, and unless AFIP knows who you are, you will not be able to pay it. Nor can, I believe, anyone else pay it for you.

If you don't have a DNI and are not registered with AFIP, I don't think you will be able to receive any package with a declared value > 0.

You will be notified, and receive a "Volante Electronico de Pago" or VEP, to pay in your home-banking, and unless AFIP knows who you are, you will not be able to pay it. Nor can, I believe, anyone else pay it for you.
The person that sent my CC via DHL ignores my DNI..?

Back