How Stupid will America be???

"Dudester" said:
It pretty much summarizes EXACTLY what is wrong, greatly wrong, with this sinking ship called the USA so why don't all Americans see this as clearly and plainly as it obviously is?
It's not new. The war-mongering and fear-mongering didn't begin with McCain or Bush. It goes back decades, maybe to Teddy Roosevelt's time, or five decades later, when Truman built the foundations of a militarised national security state -- a state that must manufacture enemies if none can be found. And Americans have become accustomed to living with fear, anxiety, and paranoia. Yesterday, the Soviets, today, the Chinese, oops, the Iraqis, no, the Iranians, no, wait, the Russkies never really went away. Everyone has it in for the USA because, er, they hate US freedoms (the ones left, that is). And it makes sense for politicians to exploit this. Particularly a tried old hack like McCain who really has no panacea, no tricks up his sleeve, for anything. What he's doing is what I would do were I in the same position: play up the war and foreign policy angle. Bread and circuses. The society of the spectacle. Inflation in the US is now running at 13.5% but let's deftly brush that under the carpet by focusing on external matters: all those enemies out there.
Along those same line, Mavrick Geezer "where'd I put my colostomy bag?" McCain released a new commercial today. Warning us - scare - of impending war - scare - with hard core, lifelong enemy - scare - IRAN !!!! So what's the big scary "can't wait" threat ??? Well, they have intelligence that IRAN has terrorists that are planning to attack America. This is the same bullsh*t intelligence that gave us WMD in IRAQ - that turned out 100% spot on - ha..... how Iran is going to hit the US with missiles that can hardly make it to Europe is kind of a mystery....
It's more than McCain. And since you are an expatriate American, presumably with access to more incisive and cogent analysis than is available to the vast American booboisie, I'd have expected greater insight. This is what happens in a militarised national-security state, where the mass media is controlled by the same oligarchy that controls most everything else (I'm oversimplifying a wee bit). There is no mass media critically scrutinising and parsing candidates' unwarranted assertions. No mass media presenting counter-arguments and other points of view. Only the establishment point of view gets heard. The differences -- if any -- lie not at the policy level, but at the operational level. Thus, McCain may say the USA needs to focus on Iraq because the "strategy is working" (whatever that means); Obama on the other hand stresses Afghanistan. But the policy framework is the same: geostrategic control of the Middle East, which includes oil, gas, and pipelines. This is never questioned. And the two-party duopoly + mass media ensures that the discussion of such matters is beyond the pale. But surely most readers here know this. Surely no US expatriate on this forum gets his news and opinions from CNN, Fox, or the New York Times.

"Dudester" said:
Along those same line, Mavrick Geezer "where'd I put my colostomy bag?" McCain released a new commercial today.

I'd say you're hitting below the belt with that one, Dudester, but I know for a fact that colostomy bags are attached to the abdomen a bit higher. Surely there are better ways to counter punch McCain than making light of such a horrible disease. The Senator from Arizona has fought his own battle with skin cancer and that has nothing to do with his political views or mental capacities, either. You wouldn't ever criticize Ted Kennedy by joking about his brain cancer, would you?

"PK" said:
Is it possible to discuss politics on the site without complete hysteria?  Nuclear war????

How stupid can America be.
As stupid as Germany in electing Hitler. I believe Obama will get the nod by a nose but its not an indictment of an entire people when one looks to an election.  Plenty of countries (Argentina, Venezuela, Italy, Germany, the USA, name your favorite country in Africa or Asia have made stupid choices in governments but it doesnt make the whole country "Stupid". 
I think a chill pill is in order.  I hated Bush as much as anyone and thought of leaving the country for good.  I decided not to.  I live part time in Argentina because I like the culture and alot of other things.  But I do not think Argentines are "stupid" because they have had their fair share of bad governments.
Now go ahead and rip me a new a hole.  I am sure I offended someone.  Cheers!

You made some good points but I think humans should learn from past mistakes and, in the least, not repeat them (Hitler's a good example of "how the hell did that happen?!?!?" but then when you read and dig deeper you start to understand the attitude of many German's at that time and the fact that the people really didn't know what they were in for - massive insanity always takes on a life of it's own and quickly spins out of control - you start to see how these things happen. Once you understand how these things go so wrong you keep working at it slowly till you get it right - make sure you never even start down that destructive path, open that door into hell. You think Germany would have gone forward if they had a clue to what terror Hitler would soon shower on parts of the world? Don't think so... That kind of analytical thinking doesn't happen in the USA unfortunately. Isn't Iraq just Vietnam all over again (only much more serious in a way) ?. The problem in America is they're going backwards - not learning ANYTHING from the past. This is where we're at today unfortunately and what is ultimately going to bring us down (which I totally believe is going to happen - IS happening. I'm 100% with BBWolf on that one)

OK Steve, You're right, it is crude, going a bit too far (I took it out - in or out he's still a totally phony, lying A-hole)...... When you see McCains new "Scare" commercial - which came out today - about our "enemy" IRAN. Why is IRAN our enemy? Not too many Americans know about "Operation Ajax" when the CIA overthrew the elected Government of Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddeq in a 1953 coup d'etat and installing the very disliked, brutal, and corrupt Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, basically an American puppet. This lead to the Iranian people being very upset with the US Government and eventually brought about the US Embassy Hostage situation when Carter was President in the late 70's. So who's in the wrong here? Seems like the country that started the massive disruption and pain by over throwing elected leaders deserves the blame if you ask me. About Oil as usual BTW.

So IRAN is our enemy because the US Government and a totally paranoid, land grabbing Israel pounds it into our heads? No thanks - I don't buy the propaganda bullsh*t, I find it VERY insulting and offensive. With that said Geezer pushes that propaganda forward. Can't keep the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX happy unless you keep inventing new enemies and new conflicts. They don't do well during "down time" - it's much more of a perfect world when there's some kind of war going on all the time. That's the kind of stuff that makes Geezer evil - he could give a damn about America, Geezer cares about GEEZER.

You want more check out these -

GEEZER 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N38Ug_ugzXs&feature;=related

GEEZER 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChIX-XHlZFw

BRAINIAC AMERICA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Back