How To Apply For A Cupo?

natykerouac

Registered
How do you apply for a cupo to study in Argentina from an Arg Embassy in the US? I emailed the visa dept from the LA embajada but they haven't responded to this or the last email I sent them awhile ago asking about it. They don't really have a way to answer questions live over the phone. Just wondering if anyone's had to go through applying for a cupo and what they could tell me about it. Or if there's a way the cupo is not necessary let me know. I'm applying to a national institute which does not use the CBC so not sure I'd need to take the 6 tests everyone talks about. Thanks!

How do you apply for a cupo to study in Argentina from an Arg Embassy in the US? I emailed the visa dept from the LA embajada but they haven't responded to this or the last email I sent them awhile ago asking about it. They don't really have a way to answer questions live over the phone. Just wondering if anyone's had to go through applying for a cupo and what they could tell me about it. Or if there's a way the cupo is not necessary let me know. I'm applying to a national institute which does not use the CBC so not sure I'd need to take the 6 tests everyone talks about. Thanks!

There is no embassy in LA; there is only a consulate which, however, should be able to handle your request. Since you're in LA, perhaps you should visit them in person.

CBC has nothing to do with the 6 tests.
if you have a USA HS degree, you will need to take 6 HS exams to get your local HS degree, which is needed to start university. There are other posts on how to take the exams. Some universities let you take the exams while enrolled, but you normally have a set time to do them all (one term, normally).

Ok. I'll call IUNA and ask them about it.
Does anyone have any experience applying for a cupo from the consulate? Do you know what the first step is?

Back