How to convert a Weber grill for Argentina

If you need to buy a tank or just need a refill I know of 2 places...you call them and within a couple of hours they will be at your door with what you ordered. The prices are the same or cheaper than going to a ferrerterria or YPF...they are AGU"S GAS #4754-4884 and EXTRAGAS #4286-6000 They have all sizes of tanks 2kg 5kg 10kg 15kg and so on......just have the empty tank by your door and they swap it out with a filled tank.....It's ALL gas, no water added!!!!!!! That was a problem in the past! They will even swap a tank that they did not sell, just in case you were wondering....and they serve all of Capital and Gran Buenos Aires... And if you want the speed AND the smoke flavor, you can always use Liquid Smoke....I have been told that the same type of product is available here but don't know where. If you know where let me know as I am almost out, having given a lot of my Miami stock to Argentine friends!!!!! Now if an Argentine will use it instead of carbon or wood I guess it is GREAT!

NOW the question is WHERE DO YOU BUY GREAT ARGENTINE STEAK??? Untill 3 or 4 years ago SURE!!!! But NOW? AHH stupid question, just get invited to dinner at Casa Rosada!!!!!!!! " Magnifica Carne Para MI" It translates to something like (fuck the stupid Argentines that believed that I was going to actually do something for THEM!!!!!!!)

Liquid smoke is available at Jumbo, as well as many dieteticas and specialty food shops.

When I had a gas grill, I used a cast iron box filled with wood chunks for smoke. Worked well, especially for things cooked long and slow like pork butt.

Back