How to emit Factura A?

dani28

Registered
I have been doing some freelance consulting work and some of my clients are requesting that I emit a ¨Factura A¨ for their records.
They have insisted that in order to emit a Factura A, because it is solely for their records than for mine, all I need is to put my info (whatever info that may be, such as passport number-I am here on a visa) at the top of the invoice and that this is good enough for them to present and have for their records.
Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

I have to issue facturas for my work. I first got the tax id number, then registered as self employed (monotributista) then registered for the local city tax (ingresos brutos) and then I could get my facturas printed.

Can I do this even if I just have a tourist (90 day) visa? Where did you obtain the tax ID and register? thanks

dani28 said:
I have been doing some freelance consulting work and some of my clients are requesting that I emit a ¨Factura A¨ for their records.
They have insisted that in order to emit a Factura A, because it is solely for their records than for mine, all I need is to put my info (whatever info that may be, such as passport number-I am here on a visa) at the top of the invoice and that this is good enough for them to present and have for their records.
Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

You can not just emit Factura 'A' that way. In order to emit Factura 'A' you have to be registered in the "responsable inscripto" regimen with AFIP. This is much more complex that being monotributista. I HIGHLY recommend that you avoid becoming "responsable inscripto" unless you have a high income that requires you to be in this tributary class. You will be responsable for collecting and paying IVA, ingresos brutos, have to pay ganancias and autónomos. Plus you will have to get your Factura 'A' sales slips printed up at a print shop authorized by AFIP and have authorization from AFIP to print them with your CUIT. They cost about $75 per pack now. They want Factura 'A' so they can discount the IVA tax from their purchase of goods or services from you, it's no advantage to you. And I don't suggest you "whip up" some homemade Factura 'A' like they say. It just would take one of them a visit to AFIP and for them to say you gave them an absolutely invalid paper and said it was Factura 'A'. You would have a problem with the taxman down the road, I guarantee you.......

Davidglenn is spot on. You cannot issue a homemade Factura A ;) The business has to be registered (or you do as a monotributista although have no first-hand knowledge of that) and you have to use a preapproved format and print it on the official paper.

Facturas:
Factura 'A' - can only be emitted by a person, or company that is registered in the "responsable inscripto" tax regimen
Factura 'B' - this is what you receive when you, as a physical person, consumer (consumidor final) buy merchandise or services from a person or company that is registered in the "responsable inscripto" tax regimen
Factura 'C' - this is the Factura that you give to people if you are registered as Monotributo and you are giving a receipt. A Monotributo CAN NOT issue a Factura 'A' since they do not pay or collect IVA. You will (or should) RECEIVE a Factura 'C' when you purchase goods or services from a person who is registered in the Monotributo tax regime.
To be registered in ANY of these tax regimes you MUST have a CUIT or CUIL.

Definitely you CANT issue "A" invoices so easy!
Just for having a idea, Argentineans who want to issue "A" invoices, need first to accomply all the requiriment, issuing "M" invoices for 6 months (similar to "A" but not usefull for customers) This was established after hundreds of frauds.

In Short: you will need to get a friend that makes an invoice A for you. and you will charge
your customer 21% that he can take as per taxes payment in advance.

Your friend could charge to you from 0% to 25% (depending his fiscal situation. Many times, invoices its goof for him

Back