How to find an apartment in BA?

Tango friends from Colon, Germany, are here for only 13 days during their spring vacation. They were charged 60Euro per day for an Airbnb apartment on Suipacha 900.

Tango friends from Colon, Germany, are here for only 13 days during their spring vacation. They were charged 60Euro per day for an Airbnb apartment on Suipacha 900.
Assuming the apartment is up to code, clean, professional host, etc that's actually a good deal right now in BA. Things are slightly better in other cities but not much.

Non property living expenses like electricity, food, gas, etc are so ridiculously low in Argentina right now a lot of these property owners just don't need money. They'd prefer to scam people a few times p/yr with outrageous airbnb prices, or wait for the government to announce a new previaje, than work an honest listing.

Yeah, no lie. That's like 5x what I can afford.

Try this site https://soloduenos.com/

But avoid Patricia Teodolini like the plague. She's an agent for absentee owners, advertises a bunch of apartments every month, and seems OK up front, but massively bipolar and very unpleasant to deal with once you move into one of her units. She will also try to milk you for as much money as she possibly can, and push the cost of repairs off onto you, given even the thinnest of excuses.
LOL

Yes want to be out of center my dog could'nt handle big city, I worry more about him adjusting then me.

Thanks for the info Im sure the links will help. Appreciated!
Yeah, no lie. That's like 5x what I can afford.

Try this site https://soloduenos.com/

But avoid Patricia Teodolini like the plague. She's an agent for absentee owners, advertises a bunch of apartments every month, and seems OK up front, but massively bipolar and very unpleasant to deal with once you move into one of her units. She will also try to milk you for as much money as she possibly can, and push the cost of repairs off onto you, given even the thinnest of excuses.

Hello

My Fiance is in Buenos Aires Im in Miami waiting to go.

We found apartment Even though shes Argentine 9 they want more then the advertise through agent

Is this normal and is there such a thing a false Advertising. there hummmmmmmmm

1st. 450
2nd 450
3rd 450

all Utilities paid Electric use more pay more

As appeared in AD

Then they want 200 reserve
another 450 for Commission
another 450 Deposit (thats 2 deposits). to be returned

So the price has doubled

Rulle #1 Be Careful

Is this normal practice for renting/ I have dog so its twice as hard

Anyone else have this experience

Thank you in Advance

Sam

Hello

My Fiance is in Buenos Aires Im in Miami waiting to go.

We found apartment Even though shes Argentine 9 they want more then the advertise through agent

Is this normal and is there such a thing a false Advertising. there hummmmmmmmm

1st. 450
2nd 450
3rd 450

all Utilities paid Electric use more pay more

As appeared in AD

Then they want 200 reserve
another 450 for Commission
another 450 Deposit (thats 2 deposits). to be returned

So the price has doubled

Rulle #1 Be Careful

Is this normal practice for renting/ I have dog so its twice as hard

Anyone else have this experience

Thank you in Advance

Sam
Today's article (in Spanish) regarding rental $$.
So 2 deposits are required one advance,one security + commissions...seems to be the norm in pesos or dollars.

Today's article (in Spanish) regarding rental $$.
So 2 deposits are required one advance,one security + commissions...seems to be the norm in pesos or dollars.
More like, with the end of the Ley de Alquileres, the rules are unclear, so the dirtbag real estate vultures are ripping you off as hard and rude as they can get away with.

AS a general example of how crazy the market is, look at this. It's 80m2 yes, but 330K in FLORES? It doesn't even have a terrace, just a little balcony, and those salmon-colored walls, with that purple bedspread. Nice kitchen, though. But 330K?!?

My grandma had that couch and matching chairs in the 70's

Last edited:
Redpossum

Im learning real fast the ways of Real Estate agents not only there but here in Miami not much different made from the same piece of cloth!

Be their soon if my Agent did is job right.

Its like going through the drive through window!

Thanks Again

More like, with the end of the Ley de Alquileres, the rules are unclear, so the dirtbag real estate vultures are ripping you off as hard and rude as they can get away with.

AS a general example of how crazy the market is, look at this. It's 80m2 yes, but 330K in FLORES? It doesn't even have a terrace, just a little balcony, and those salmon-colored walls, with that purple bedspread. Nice kitchen, though. But 330K?!?

My grandma had that couch and matching chairs in the 70's
Looking at this example, I would consider a monthly rent in Airbnb the far better option. On top of that, you have (more) reliable reviews, better options / transparency and you don't have to deal with real estate agents.
(I know that doesn't go well here with the Airbnb haters here; but probably the days where you could rent something nice for 300 bucks a month in CABA are over)
1683906508972.png

Back