How to fly cheaply from BsAs to Mexico City?

cricri58

Registered
Hi,
I am trying to get the best airline ticket to fly from Bs As to Mexico city at around Christmas.
I am not in a hurry to travel to cities such as Santiago de Chile, or Lima if it helps..(I checked with a possible departure from Sao Paulo, but it costs US 1465! (return ticket) Any suggestions? Gracias, Chris

Sorry, I meant....I am not in a hurry to travel. I could fly from another city such....

Hi, check with Asatej and Tije in downtown, especially if you are under 25. They can get fairly good youth discounts. Else take a look at http://studentuniverse.com . although it is mainly for students, they do run a few promotional discounts for the public in general regardless of age. Then there are those much smaller taiwanese-run travel agencies which may be a bit suspicious but did get me a R/T to hongkong for 1100 a while ago. In any case, 1500 to mexico city is insane...Best of luck.

Out of curiosity, are these Taiwanese travel agencies located near el Barrio Chino? I´ve been trying to find I/V ticket to Hong Kong, and $1100 is a bargain compared to what I've seen so far. Granted, prices are already astronomical around Chinese New Year (which is when I need to go)... any leads would be helpful! M goi nei sin!!!

Most of them are in microcentro (one at Corrientes y Reconquista) and I dunno if any has a website. Check the local weekly magazine for their directions.

Oh. from BA to Mexico DF, you can also possibly take Avianca to Bogota or TACA to Lima first and try to connect from there, as these hub cities tend to have more options.

Panama City is on the way, and there are relatively cheap, direct flights to PC from BA.

Mexicana direct 2x a day. Check their own website, usually ok pices -- and they should be good now since they're filing for bankruptcy protection. Don't worry, they won't go under, and if they do they are a member of one World so you'd be transferred to American Airlines.

Copa has cheap flights to Panama City usually but not sure how much the connector to DF will add.

LAN via Peru I think has ok prices usually as well.

Oh -- you know from Cordoba you can fly direct to Cancun -- not sure if you can fly direct DF -- but my bro-in-law just flew there yesterday, they chose from there because it was $200 USD less than flying out of BA.

Thank you very much all of you for your precious help,
Saludos,
Chris

Airfares around Christmas time are always higher than the rest of the year - worldwide.

Back