How to get a DNI?

Thank you all! I just got a turno through the link you provided however even though I selected Gualeguaychú, Gualeguaychú it gave me an appointment in concepcion de uruguay! Any thoughts on how I can change it? There is no phone number provided of course;)
They closed the office at Gualeguaychu.

WELL, in Sede Central, the process is a literal dumpster fire. Lines for lines. I can't emphasize enough if you can do this process NOT in Buenos Aires, you should do it there. I bet this is super easy in Missiones.

In Entre Rios however, they are quite pleasant if you're nice and patient and don't act super entitled.

You should have like a 10 digit number ending in the year you started. Go there with that and whatever paperwork the Argentine government has given you and say how do you get your DNI mailed to you. You'll probably be given a sheet of paper to take to a kiosk somewhere to pay idk some completely trivial amount of pesos (bring a few hundo pesos and some change). and then come back with the receipt and they'll get it sent out to you.

Once you have your first DNI, you can go to the registiro in Gualeguay or whatever and be "normal".

I'm in Depto Colon to the north. You're in for a wild ride.

I'm not sure how you grew up in the US but things are bit different in Entre Rios.
LOL I've been coming to Argentina almost every other year since 2000, usually spending at least a month but sometimes up to three. Always wanted to live here and financially we can finally do it especially with the way the dollar is. I've been coming to Gualeguaychú since 2003 and yes I always tell my friends back in Chicago that it's literally like going to another dimension being here;)

Maybe if you grew up in the most run down but least methhead parts of the Ozarks... suburban americans would just not understand the lifestyle well.

So of course we drove the 75 minutes today for my appointment with Migraciones to be told that the only two people who know how to do it are on vacation. When I asked why the system had let me make an appointment they said they must have forgotten to let the system know they were gone. So, we drove there just to have lunch and enjoy the beautiful plaza in the center of town. As my friend here keeps saying, "Welcome to the jungle!" At least now I have the phone number and the name of the woman who does it and the hours she works, so we'll have to try again next week...

So of course we drove the 75 minutes today for my appointment with Migraciones to be told that the only two people who know how to do it are on vacation. When I asked why the system had let me make an appointment they said they must have forgotten to let the system know they were gone. So, we drove there just to have lunch and enjoy the beautiful plaza in the center of town. As my friend here keeps saying, "Welcome to the jungle!" At least now I have the phone number and the name of the woman who does it and the hours she works, so we'll have to try again next week...
Good news is that you only have to do it at Migraciones the first time. After that if you need a new DNI you can go to Renaper/Registro civil....

My DNI arrived today! It took less than two weeks to receive:)
Wow that's fast!!! super fast I would say, well done,Entre rios. Now you can enjoy all the termas with discount for locals:))

Any info on how fast federal courts work there? Or missiones?

I just check the status of mine on Renaper and it says they are preparing to ship the document. It's only been a week.

Back