How to get a DNI?

Hello All,
Need some input about a message that I received from Renaper after I contacted them via Twitter. I wanted to know when I would receive my DNI and if they could at the very least send me a link to my DNI number as I received permanent residence on December 20… here is the message I received recently … it is something I should be worried about ,.. in the sense that they said it just recently has arrived at Renaper and hasn’t been approved yet … can anyone shed some light on this ? I was told by migraciones that Renaper would send the DNI to my house within 90 days but I was never told that it needed to be “approved” by Renaper first .. Is this just a formality ? I will write the message I received now :
“Hola. Su trámite ingresó recientemente al Renaper, aún no fue aprobado. Si es aprobado, debe completar el proceso de producción y será enviada por correo al domicilio dentro del plazo de 90 días hábiles. Gracias por comunicarse con Renaper . My hope is that it’s just a formality ,…as I have never heard of this before and , as mentioned, I have permanent residence from migraciones ….
I meant to write ..”is it something I should be worried about ? This approval ? Or is it par for the course and what they do before they issue a DNI?”

the DNI can take a very long time. a couple of mine have taken close to a year and are close to expiration by the time I got them.

Thanks a lot for this info ….
It makes me feel better that I am not alone in this process and that it seems that the approval is just a “formality”?…because I am assuming that the true approval process took place at Migraciones when they asked for all the paperwork…

I once had my process almost finished only to sit in a holding pattern for 4 months while they were missing a final piece of info. If I hadn't asked them what was up and specifically figured out what the holdup was who knows when it would have been completed.

Yikes !!!!
Ok so to be clear … it’s not that I need to worry about being “approved “… it’s more like that has to do with if something is missing or not .. but hopefully

Was unable to add to my earlier message ….
I meant to write that hopefully Migraciones had everything necessary to confer the permanent residence to me and therefore Renaper doesn’t need anything additional….

Hello All,
Need some input about a message that I received from Renaper after I contacted them via Twitter. I wanted to know when I would receive my DNI and if they could at the very least send me a link to my DNI number as I received permanent residence on December 20… here is the message I received recently … it is something I should be worried about ,.. in the sense that they said it just recently has arrived at Renaper and hasn’t been approved yet … can anyone shed some light on this ? I was told by migraciones that Renaper would send the DNI to my house within 90 days but I was never told that it needed to be “approved” by Renaper first .. Is this just a formality ? I will write the message I received now :
“Hola. Su trámite ingresó recientemente al Renaper, aún no fue aprobado. Si es aprobado, debe completar el proceso de producción y será enviada por correo al domicilio dentro del plazo de 90 días hábiles. Gracias por comunicarse con Renaper . My hope is that it’s just a formality ,…as I have never heard of this before and , as mentioned, I have permanent residence from migraciones ….
I meant to write ..”is it something I should be worried about ? This approval ? Or is it par for the course and what they do before they issue a DNI?”
It's a formality. Once your tramite is sent to Renaper it takes some time to be verified and you get assigned a DNI number. Wait another 2 weeks and ask Renaper again. Ask them for your numero de tramite so you can follow your case online...

thank you for that link!
Well, today I paid the 3 Boletas sent to me from the migration site. Now what? I guess I check back tomorrow to see if they are registered as paid?
Has any non-Mercosur person gone through this process? Or maybe it’s new since Covid…
Many thanks again.

thank you for that link!
Well, today I paid the 3 Boletas sent to me from the migration site. Now what? I guess I check back tomorrow to see if they are registered as paid?
Has any non-Mercosur person gone through this process? Or maybe it’s new since Covid…
Many thanks again.
if you have all the docs you need to apply, finalize Paso 2 and submit your app. Yes everything has been done online via Radex for 3-4 years now. Once they review your app and if you have all the paperwork in order they will send you a precaria and an interview date.

Back