How to get money from a real estate sale out the country

A smart "escribano" can arrange to complete the sale on the same day: boleto and escritura. That saves much anguish and hand-wringing.

Last edited:
A smart "escribano" can arrange to complete the sale on the same day: boleto and escritura. That saves much anguish and hand-wringing.

There was no boleto for the first property I bought, but that's because the property was vacant and ready to move into. We had the escritura less than ten days after I saw the apartment for the first time.

When I sold that apartment three years later, it was necesssary to have a boleto because I had to wait for the buyers to close on the sale of another property before they had enough funds to have the escritura.

Between the time they made the offer and the boleto (about ten days) I found another apartment to buy. We has a double boleto in a conference room at their bank. I took the money they paid me and pushed it across the table to the seller of the apartment I was buying.

We did the same at the escritura about 30 days later.

Waiting 30 days for a buyer to get sufficient funds to have the escritura after paying 30% at the boleto is common practice in Argentina.

The seller of the second apartment I bought obviously had to wait for me to receive the balance of the funds from the sale of my first apartment.

The intelligence of the escrbanos had nothing to do with the time frame of either of my escrituras.

Last edited:
Waiting 30 days for a buyer to get sufficient funds to have the escritura after paying 30% at the boleto is common practice in Argentina.
As the buyer, I was blessed with enough funds to do the boleto and escritura on the same day. So, no delays, and no worries about the seller changing his mind, or upping the price. Both things have been known to happen here.

I agree 100% that a smart escribano can resolve everything for you. That was my experience when my escribano explained all the processes, saved me ALOT of time and did all my papers so I can buy for the first time here in B.A. If the original poster or anyone needs a very smart young escribano on top of all these things, just send me a private message.

I have been there, and it all seems complicated, cuit, boleto, escritura, clave fiscal etc...UNTIL someone like an escribano who does it everyday explains it to you. Also, the money transferring to N.Y. is taken care of aswell and its less complicated than you think.

I agree 100% that a smart escribano can resolve everything for you. That was my experience when my escribano explained all the processes, saved me ALOT of time and did all my papers so I can buy for the first time here in B.A. If the original poster or anyone needs a very smart young escribano on top of all these things, just send me a private message.

I have been there, and it all seems complicated, cuit, boleto, escritura, clave fiscal etc...UNTIL someone like an escribano who does it everyday explains it to you. Also, the money transferring to N.Y. is taken care of aswell and its less complicated than you think.
Hi, how did you get the money transferred to NY? what were the fees/process? My buyer wants to give me US Dollars in cash...

Back