How ugly has it gotten, or not?

Bajo, there were capital controls and export taxes at the end of the CFKs term

Here is a misunderstanding. CFK government was focus on fighting capital flight and fiscal dens.
With her the soy and misery paid export tax. The deficit MM created was for erasing those very important taxes because they were paid in usd. this lack of currency was compensated with loans.
MM lifted all capital flight controls and massively indebted the country to have dollars to escape to the fiscal dens. He kept the dollar at a low price and raised the price of the rates of his own companies 3000% to be able to buy more cheap dollars than we will pay expensive. And they are still surprised that everything went wrong if it is a big scam.

The economy was not in good shape. There was a budget deficit, foreign deficit, high inflation, and a current account imbalance.
With all my respect, you are not understanding what was the economy situation when MM received the country from CFK, here the minister Duvogne explains you:
He explains CFK financed the country printing money producing a 25% of inflation without taking loans in use while MM has about 50% inflation and he took 50 billion used only with the IMF and I have no idea about how many billions in Lebacs and Leliqs.
Sorry, but it sounds like a paradise comparing with how MM is leaving Argentina. He was worst than Attile. The only thing he forgot to do is to salt the land.

The main reason there was some success with these policies previously is because commodity prices were high. This generated an enormous amount of money for the government to distribute, subsidize and stimulate consumption.
This explains the Presidency of Nestor K, not her that was focus on administrating the resources she had.

Growth in the world economy has been slowing, central banks all over the world are easing at the moment, which means they foresee even weaker growth ahead. Weak growth means less demand for raw materials which means lower prices. CFK will not have the same luxury as before, which why her toughest years were the last couple when commodity prices were on the decline.
Precisely, all the economies were closing while the genius of MM open ours and guess what, he crushed the carrousel.

Exactly the same kind of time bomb inherited by Alfonsin, De la Rua, and Macri. Can't wait to see the Peronistas deal with it.
Macri inherit a country with its economy, well or bad but working and with low debt. He crushed the carrousel (that could not be crushed unless you are a complete idiot or traitor).

Well, there is still a possibility.

Here is a story. Back in 1996 pro-western president Boris Yeltsin entered his second term presidential election race with 8% approval rating and ultimately won the elections.

What happened after that is described in details here, but basically enormous foreign contributions to his election campaign, securing more debts from IMF, selling out state property in exchange for support, best image-makers in the world were running his advertising - everything up to the outright electoral fraud.

Also, Yeltsin suffered a serious heart attack in the middle of the elections and it was concealed from the public.

Macri's situation with his 32% rating is incomparably better.
keep dreaming.

If the FF takes over, we can expect more like the party they thru in Tucuman today. While they declared a food emergency yesterday, today in Tucuman they thru a party with 10,000 empanadas. Viva la joda y que pague el otro!

Here's the link,

It is funny. What is the critic? That the political opposition is organizing themselves?
MM is the President. He is the one who has to give explanations about why is so complicated to but asado for most of argentines.
By the was, the one who was sentenced for ilegal use of public funds for a political campaign was del Set (Cambiemos) while Vidal used fake donations for her campaign.

Bajo, I'm not here to argue with you about Macri. I accept the premise that he has mismanaged the economy.

My disagreement with you is that CFKs policies didn't create a robust economy. 25-30% inflation is horrible. There was a large budget deficit. There was a large current account imbalance. Poverty rates at 29% at the end of 2015. If you want to say that the economy was made worse by Macri, fine. But I have a hard time understanding why you can't admit that the economy wasn't in good shape when she left office.

And high soy prices didn't just help Nestor, the historical highs were in 2012 when CFK was in power.

Why will the same policies that gave Argentina high inflation, budget deficits, current account imbalances and poverty in a more favorable global economic environment, now lead to success?

Bajo, I'm not here to argue with you about Macri. I accept the premise that he has mismanaged the economy.

My disagreement with you is that CFKs policies didn't create a robust economy. 25-30% inflation is horrible. There was a large budget deficit. There was a large current account imbalance. Poverty rates at 29% at the end of 2015. If you want to say that the economy was made worse by Macri, fine. But I have a hard time understanding why you can't admit that the economy wasn't in good shape when she left office.

And high soy prices didn't just help Nestor, the historical highs were in 2012 when CFK was in power.

Why will the same policies that gave Argentina high inflation, budget deficits, current account imbalances and poverty in a more favorable global economic environment, now lead to success?

Well, the answer is we always compare with 2001 (51%) and 1989 and yes, with NK (26%) and CFK (30%) the situation of poverty improved a lot while MM was a factory of poverty.

CFK was very good administrating the lack of resources while MM in the best scenario he squandered them, in the most realistic he stole them.

Here you insist in the confusion. It is not a fiscal umbalance, it is a credit where the State does not need to pay interest.
This is the reason of the whealth of the US: they just print money.

If the FF takes over, we can expect more like the party they thru in Tucuman today. While they declared a food emergency yesterday, today in Tucuman they thru a party with 10,000 empanadas. Viva la joda y que pague el otro!

Here's the link,

Oh, yeah, all of this food emergency is just about food. Tell me another. Signs of things to come.

Oh, yeah, all of this food emergency is just about food. Tell me another. Signs of things to come.

Right, 2000 kgs of asado cost about 2 million pesos at supermarket for 5000 people (about 400 pesos per person) and this is the cost for organizing the next government. Cheap.

MM cost us 2.2 billion pesos per day in interest for leliqs while the former administration paid zero:

Back