How's The Real Estate Market In Buenos Aires???

2 bedrooms 1 1/2 bath, 110 sq mt. totally redone 2 years ago, stainless appliances, washer and dryer, (no dishwasher) - beautifully furnished. Located 2 blocks from 9 de Julio, 1 block from Avenida Santa Fe and 1 block from Plaza Vicente Lopez. That's not exact, but something like that.
you should be able to rent it for about 1700 usd

Sounds nice, but expensive. What's the rent?

ouch, never mind

Nikad, thank you for your response… I can only hope to get that lucky - thank you! I am looking forward to returning to Buenos Aires (wink..wink)

I don't know the rent… I need to spend a month in BA (at least) to start feeling the moment and get with it before I can even imagine how to proceed. Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Everybody here has an opinion about this issue. I've euros (and thus also dollars) in my pocket/bankaccount abroad to spend here and since end of last here looking for a place to buy in a good area but I can't find something in GOOD shape, all the flats are awful inside, or without enough light, or you find sellers thinking they may ask a first world price for a crappy flat in a fifth world city.

you should be able to rent it for about 1700 usd

This is what I mean...1700 dollars for a rent in BsARs? Dont't you think your advise is a bit inflated?
Do your know where you're? At the end of the world, in a city where lots of services don't work, where it's filthy and political very unstable.
I hope for you you may rent it for that price ... but who would?

Mariano, I absolutely know what you mean… most of the apartments in BA are very dark, my absolute pet-peeve.

2 bedrooms 1 1/2 bath, 110 sq mt. totally redone 2 years ago, stainless appliances, washer and dryer, (no dishwasher) - beautifully furnished. Located 2 blocks from 9 de Julio, 1 block from Avenida Santa Fe and 1 block from Plaza Vicente Lopez. That's not exact, but something like that.

The best way to "anonymously" describe the location is to provide the name of the street and the round number of the block: Aranales 1200, for example.

This is the minimum description real estate agents will use when they advertise the property.

I used Aranales 1200 because it's a block I like very much and may actually be the closest block to Plaza Vincente Lopez and is about three blocks from Avenida Santa Fe. I walked to my apartment on Aranales (2000) from the Microcente more than a hundred times. it was by far the most relaxing and peaceful route (compared to all of the other options).

Your apartment is definitely in a great location and is exactly where I would want to live in Buenos Aires. There is nothing "fifth world" about this location, but the third world isn't very far away (Villa 31).

I don't know your financial situation, but if you don't have to sell and want to spend more time in BA in the future, I can't think of any reason to do so.

This is what I mean...1700 dollars for a rent in BsARs? Dont't you think your advise is a bit inflated?
Do your know where you're? At the end of the world, in a city where lots of services don't work, where it's filthy and political very unstable.
I hope for you you may rent it for that price ... but who would?
This is a typical answer of someone who thinks they should be able to buy / rent a fabulous apartment for pennies, just because this is Buenos Aires. I have news for you....in the building where I live there are many 30m2 studio apartments with just a kitchenette, no washer, no services, etc and they rent for between $600 - $700 U$D per month and always booked months in advance. The location is 9 de Julio and Av. de Mayo. Very centrally located but not a prime neighborhood by any means. So $1700 U$D for a fully furnished apartment with 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms is a great price, considering a tourist would spend around $100 U$D for a mid-range hotel room in BsAs without any of those nice things this apartment offers - for $57 U$D per night! One of my friends in Palermo rents a bedroom in her apartment for $450 U$D per month - also always booked for weeks in advance. Funny how people make statements like this when it comes time for them to want to buy something in BsAs and try to convince people how awful and 3rd world BsAs and that everything should be so cheap for them because of it. I have news for you - the minimum price to buy here is now $2000 U$D per m2 in the so-so neighborhoods and $3000 - $4000 U$D in upscale neighborhoods like Recoleta, Puerto Madero, Palermo Hollywood, Viejo, Soho, Chico. Keep those numbers in mind if you are serious about buying because that is what it will cost you - as dark and as dingy as the apartment may be!

Back