Hummus?

Dunno but you might wanna check out chinatown for sesame oil. Chick peas you can pick up in any supermarket.

Yes,
Demashk, it is more take out then anything. Two tables out side. The hummus is good.
Charcas 3816

You can buy prepared Hummus in a can at the Disco on Uriburu, near Ave. Santa Fe. It's about 15 pesos. It's Al-Wadi Hummus. I use their Tahina to make it when I'm at home and have access to a food processor.

A Manger deli on Charcas and Malabia used to have the best hummus I had ever had, but the last two times I bought it, it just wasn't the same... Not sure if that was a fluke or if they changed chefs. It is still pretty good but not as amazing as it used to be. It's a little pricier than some of the more traditional shawarma places, but when it's good it is worth it in every way. Tabouli used to be really good. Pretty much everything they have is excellent, especially their tartas.

Sarkis on Jufre and Thames also has excellent hummus, but not sure if you can get it take away there...

Good luck.

Humus is very easy to make, if you like, drop me a line and I'll forward a recipe.

Yeah you can just make it man, lol, If not try garbis , or theres a place in las cañitas sobre baez i tihnk that isnt that bad.

There's a restaurant on Arce between Ortega y Gasset and Chenaut that does good hummus.

There's another one on San Benito de Palermo between Migueletes and Libertador as well.

The guy on Arce does good shwarma as well.

YohoYoho said:
Yes,
Demashk, it is more take out then anything. Two tables out side. The hummus is good.
Charcas 3816

If it's the place I knew three years ago where they sell shawarmas (they are cooking on the left when you enter the place ?), be aware that I got sick as hell and two times since I tried again their shawarmas just to be sure it was what made me sick.

Back