Hurlingham Club

CarverFan

Registered
Does anyone know how much the joining fee and annual member's fee are?
I'm assuming it's at least as expensive as the one in London, since there is reciprocity between the clubs.
Thanks!

If it's on par with similar clubs in BA, the joinning fee will like be between us$18k-us$20k. The monthly membership fees are generally around $400 pesos. The other requirement is the you must be recommend or introduced by a current member and fulfil specific requirements. I have spent a fair bit of time there and think that it's one of the best clubs in BA. Hope this helps

It's like a little bit of England tucked away in the middle of nowhere.
I returned there a couple of years ago, with my membership card from 1976 and the bloke actually let me in.
I was glad he didn't demand all the back payments I'd missed.

Gringoboy, how come you had such an old membership? Did you grow up in Bs As and then move away for a long time? I'm intrigued, or maybe just plain nosy!! Also, is a membership for the whole family and is one able to invite guests etc....

I lived here as a young lad of 17 in the early seventies, when my Dad was a diplomat.
A hell of a time to be in Argentina!
I was actually on the last train into Retiro on 24th march 1976....................I could go on.
Sorry mate, but can't help regarding the current rules as my membership lapsed some time ago.

marksoc said:
Gringo, start writing your book. I will read it.

I already have!
Available in all good bookshops etc etc
It's mainly a love story, true life and based on actual events in Argentina.
PM me if you want more info. :)

Sorry for late reply. Been moving house :)
The book is called Ten to Seven.
Cheers

Back