Hyperinflation ante portas

Miravos, the best advice I can give you is this.

Lets say you plan to arrive in July 2021.

Lets say you have saved 12000 usd for this trip.

My advice - But 1 BTC with it and hold in a cold wallet. For sure, you will thank me in July 2021 as in next 6 months it will do much better than USD,

Already have 5% of a BTC (about half the amount you mentioned at the current price) but planning on getting more :)

Predictions for inflation in 2023, 2024 haha, Mira Vos...you're not even going to get an accurate prediction from the most brilliant economist in the world.

As others have said as long as you have USD, the chances of Argentina becoming expensive for USD holders in the next few years is very low.

Yes I realized that was a tough question xD

Man. Another person trying to plan stuff in argentina. Let me tell it like this, you don't plan stuff in argentina. You come here and you ride the wave. There's a reason argentina had the most head doctors per capita.... This shit really wears on you.... If you're here as a tourist you will be just fine, stop worrying about it. For 6 months just come and go to Puerto madera and recoleta and live your life. No use in asking questions like this.

If you're here to keep a job it really messes with you.

Man. Another person trying to plan stuff in argentina. Let me tell it like this, you don't plan stuff in argentina. You come here and you ride the wave. There's a reason argentina had the most head doctors per capita.... This shit really wears on you.... If you're here as a tourist you will be just fine, stop worrying about it. For 6 months just come and go to Puerto madera and recoleta and live your life. No use in asking questions like this.

If you're here to keep a job it really messes with you.
J,

I have learned a few really important life lessons over the course of my life. Some were easier to digest than others. And I am not about to write a manifesto of them all and what they mean to me or others, but I am going to share just one that is highly relevant to your post:

"LONG RANGE PLANS ALMOST NEVER WORK OUT."

The further out in the timeline I have gone, the more inaccurate my planning / projections have been.

I am not about to go into detail, as I simply don't have the time or desire to, but I offer this ...

Live in the moment or at worst think no further than the next month with respect to what you will be doing or involved in. Yes! By all means save for your future, have long range goals, a plan etc ... but understand you will need to be flexible because everything is always changing and developing according to the master plan ... NOT YOUR PLAN!

Don't waste time living in the past. IT IS GONE. DO >>> Think about the past to improve yourself. Use it (Your experiences, both good and bad.) to become a better version of yourself. Anticipate a good future and what you may enjoy or have to do. BUT STAY IN THE MOMENT or as close to it as you can. This is where you are living. This is what is in your control. This is where your foundation for future events is built.

Whereas Alberto F and Guzman are repeating “no hay devaluación”, the market doesn’t seem to put much trust into these words.

Today the blue closed at 178, and no end in sight. Apparently some companies already stopped selling because they simply dont have a reference anymore (they simply dont know whether and at which rate they can import next week).

The exporters obviously dont sell because the gap between the official and the blue is now around 130%, and they know exactly that this is not viable.

Now with this gap it is interesting again for credit card halders to spend again in usd (instead of the 30 + 35% taxes). The same for the 200 usd monthly allocations.

In the meanwhile, the usd savers are running to the bank to empty their savings accounts. And the central bank already operating without reserves.

As this is not a linear development, i do expect that this system will crash within days or weeks. And once the devaluation is reality, then it will become really interesting.
Went to Jumbo in person for first time in ages yesterday. Almost zero imported foods and many national products also unavailable. As always, next to disappear for a while or get scarce will be the bananas.

My advise is always to stock up on consumables you like that are imported or have imported components during such times as we don’t know when it will normalize.

Went to Jumbo in person for first time in ages yesterday. Almost zero imported foods and many national products also unavailable. As always, next to disappear for a while or get scarce will be the bananas.

My advise is always to stock up on consumables you like that are imported or have imported components during such times as we don’t know when it will normalize.
Refining your point:

Know what you like, want and need in your household space. Always have it on hand. Develop a management system.

Here is a very simple system a 10 year old could understand:

Understand your rate of consumption for any given item. Keep a 3 month supply of it on hand ... or 6 months if it make you more comfortable. As you consume your supply replace the amount used each time you go shopping. It's kind of like an automatic level alert program that is always in a replenishment mode. Very easy and works like a charm.

If you spend 30 minutes making a list on your telephone, you have your reminder with you when you are in a store.

I’ve seen mostly predictions that inflation will continue in Argentina. Have there been any predictions for 2022-2024? Would love to plan my nowext year in Argentina but since I don’t leave until July I have no idea what it will be like then.

Well join the Club ..nobody, nobody knows about 2024 ...!!! or 2021 . Even Paul Stieglitz Nobel Price winner who advises Ministro Can tell. The Gov. Budget for 2021 already makes little sense.. Predicitons for inflation and dollar value are way out of line..

Refining your point:

Know what you like, want and need in your household space. Always have it on hand. Develop a management system.

Here is a very simple system a 10 year old could understand:
y
Understand your rate of consumption for any given item. Keep a 3 month supply of it on hand ... or 6 months if it make you more comfortable. As you consume your supply replace the amount used each time you go shopping. It's kind of like an automatic level alert program that is always in a replenishment mode. Very easy and works like a charm.

If you spend 30 minutes making a list on your telephone, you have your reminder with you when you are in a store.

Excellent advise...! however not necessary to master Inventory Control algorithms of Game Theory.
If you avoid exotic imported items you will always find stocks. Vegemite not sure?
Prices will go up for sure groceries constitute 10 % of your budget , so they go up 50% means then 15 % of the budget....!

Back