I’ve been stuck in migraciones 2 hours..won’t let me enter

what about us with DNI ; when will they publich about PCR test ; eliminating the requirement of quarantine.

what about us with DNI ; when will they publich about PCR test ; eliminating the requirement of quarantine.
Once they have worked out what they are going to actually do. As I have said, Flor the directora of Migraciones loves to talk but she's literally the lowest ranked person to be calling any shots. The decision will be made by the head of cabinet and the ministerio of the interior.
My guess is that they will sign the decree today and have it published tomorrow. But there might be a delay. It will be interesting to see if other nationals of the rest of South America, such as Peru and Colombia are also added to the list. I think yes. Europe and US not yet.

Once they have worked out what they are going to actually do. As I have said, Flor the directora of Migraciones loves to talk but she's literally the lowest ranked person to be calling any shots. The decision will be made by the head of cabinet and the ministerio of the interior.
My guess is that they will sign the decree today and have it published tomorrow. But there might be a delay. It will be interesting to see if other nationals of the rest of South America, such as Peru and Colombia are also added to the list. I think yes. Europe and US not yet.

ok...thank you.

Well you can now come back if you want. Family members of AR citizens are allowed in as of today.

If I am reading this correctly, I need:

(1) birth certificate (I have the original now)
(2) copy of kid's DNI
(3) a ticket out of Argentina
(4) negative covid test maximum of 72 hours (presumably before I land)

Do I still need two weeks of quaranitne?

They said the document I received from the consulate saying I could enter the country was wrong, that i never finished the process for residence and a picture of my son’s Argentinian birth certificate isn’t sufficient, they need the original.
You should apply for an habeas corpus in advance to avoid this.
They do not need the original birth certificate because they have all this info in the database. They lie to you.
I suggest to avoid the Consulates. They don't know how to work.
You had 3 working days to appeal the rejection and, then, your re entry is straightforward. However, I suggest you to take advantage of the freeze of deadlines and appeal now. With an appeal done they cannot reject your re entry.
Also, your file can be doble check at the DNM to see the real situation of it BECAUSE if you do not live with your child, you are going to get a deportation order. However, the SC ruled recently again the deportation of parents of argentine children even convicted for drug trafficking.
As I always do, I suggest you to go after citizenship.

Last edited:
You had 3 working days to appeal the rejection and, then, your re entry is straightforward. However, I suggest you to take advantage of the freeze of deadlines and appeal now.

All the plazos admnistrativos have been restarted as of today. Temporary residencies and precarias are extended till 17 Dec 2020 -- but all admin procedures have officially restarted, including intimaciones.

ARTÍCULO 4°.- Reanúdase, a partir del 30 de noviembre de 2020, el curso de los plazos, dentro de los procedimientos administrativos regulados por la Ley Nacional de Procedimientos Administrativos N° 19.549, por el Reglamento de Procedimientos Administrativos. Decreto 1759/72 - T.O. 2017 y por otros procedimientos especiales que fueran oportunamente suspendidos por el Decreto N° 298/20 y sus complementarios.

Back