I’ve been stuck in migraciones 2 hours..won’t let me enter

Do you get frequent flyer points for the return journey? I guess your wife is not too happy (no idea on your situation).

Sorry this happened Fiscal, can you tell me what they said was "wrong" with the document from the consulate?
No worries, thank you. They said for some administrative reason, that they didn’t know, I still did not have residency in Argentina, despite what the certificate said, and that I could only enter if I had my son’s original birth certificate, not a copy.

Good question. But they did not make me pay!
In these cases the airline is responsible to pay since they "should" have denied your boarding. However, the airline may or may not come after you later to recover the costs since ultimately it is the traveller's responsibility to have their papers in order etc and it is contained somewhere in the conditions of carriage etc. Another possibility, that airline simply blacklists you for some years or for life. Some airlines however simply don't care. Will be keen to know if you hear any more of this.

Peru let me back in without a hitch. No covid test, no declaration jurada, no Peruvian children, no residency application, no home, no address, nada. They also sent someone to help me with my bags! They were so nice!!!

Peru let me back in without a hitch. No covid test, no declaration jurada, no Peruvian children, no residency application, no home, no address, nada. They also sent someone to help me with my bags! They were so nice!!!

Sigh. Y esto también es Argentina.
smh
At least the Peruvians were kind to you.

Back